Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My War Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Personal Memorabilia' started by Jim, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Jim

Jim Active Member

via War44
    Here are a few items i have regarding memorabilia .. Not much i know, but i once did have a very large collection of cap badges of multiple countries. I sold these a number of years ago as to many fakes were coming to the market which were very difficult to separate from the originals. Well that is only 1 reason, i have others to, but not as critical as being sold fakes. :madman:

Waffen SS Totenkopf Skull Hat Badge, which is NOT an original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a 1914 Star, this medal was a British Empire campaign medal given to Officers and Soldiers for service during World War One.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have this German Military Jacket which i honestly don't recall where it came from. Don't even know any of its history, thou looking at it it is definitely post war.

[​IMG]

2. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    Great thread. Ive got quite a few "artifacts" that ill hopefully get here in due time. I mainly collect WWII German stuff-but have some Imperial dating back to The Constitution War. I also have a few WWI & WWII American items, a few WWII French items.

The first item ill try getting posted to this site--will be the first time its ever been posted anywhere on the internet. What I have is a ultra rare--and in mint condition--German Mauser--which is a Sniper variant--and it is unkn how many were built. I estimate from between 5 rifles built to no more than 50. The reasoning behind this is several fold. My rifle is a prototype sniper rifle. It has a 1936 stamped 25 round - ribbed MG-13 Ansteckmagazin permanently fixed to it. Most of the rifles of this type you will find have 10-20 round mags in ti--not fixed. I also have a bit of info on this rifle--which is actually called an S-42 M-98.

3. History-buff1944

History-buff1944 New Member

via War44
    Sergeant John Agar--US WWII recruiting poster.

wwii_poster.jpg

Sergeant John Agar--US Army in a war poster.