Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

My WW2 novel should be out this spring

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by nobody73, Dec 26, 2011.

1. nobody73

nobody73 Member

I have completed my manuscript 'Crimson Cross' and am going through the editing process. Its premise is about a young man, the son of a Pastor who is a pacifist. The son also tries to abide by the families belief, in spite of it being a very troubling minority view in WW2. He tries the CO route and is given the choice of jail or to become a medic. Against his Fathers wishes, he goes to war.

The book is hardcore action and a deep look into what many young men wrestled with. The commandment of thou shalt not kill ( people were more churched in that generation ) and the reality of war. I spared no sacred cows. It is not a 'christian fiction' book but I had read some memoirs of people who really struggled with their upbringing and what they were involved in. Needless to say, things crumble around him - I'll keep this place updated. I enjoyed writing it and researched the medical corps for about 2 years before beginning the story.

For my Modern military fiction, I have the first installment of a Series about Private Military Contractors operating in the Congo. I've gotten two positive reviews. If you are interested, it is on Amazon and its title is Task Force Intrepid : The Gold of Katanga by D.R. Tharp

If any of you want to post your book and a synopsis, I have a blog I started to review war and military fiction. Military Fiction / Action Adventure Anything is welcome.

Morg308 likes this.
  2. Morg308

Morg308 New Member

I am looking forward to reading it! I myself should have my WWII thriller out in the next two weeks. I know how much work it is, and have a lot of respect for anyone who finishes writing a book. Tell us more about it. I will pick up your other book on Amazon.