Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mysterious Thread

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Poppy, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Weird things happen. Post an experience which didn't seem normal...Anything.

Have many, but will pick a church in Edmonton. Had to go pull wire under flooring, in a dirt crawlspace. New batteries and flash light. Crawled deep. Light went out, hair stood on end. Felt as if someone was right beside me. Panicked. Made it back to entrance. Light turned on.

Another church, heard laughing, basketballs(?) bouncing in gym early in the morning. Asked the caretaker about it. He heard it often as well. He wasn't scared.

Worked in some very old theaters as well. Lots of stories there.
    Also old hotels, bars. Lots of sane people had some good stories.
    25 years in the service industry.

2. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

My school is pretty old, and there are all of these stories about these weird things people are seeing around the building. At first I didn't believe it, then a couple of years ago, I was in our schools theater with a few other people. As I was sitting in one of the seats I felt a breeze on my neck and head (just my neck and head) and I got very cold for a second and then I was warm again. Now our schools theater is muggy and humid and doesn't have good air conditioning flow, and all of the other people were behind stage. So it is pretty unusual to get a breeze that cold. It just kind of freaked me out then, but it's the only weird thing that has happened to me before. I still refuse to wander the building by myself when it is getting late especially the older part of the building.

3. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Used to spend some weekends in college, with my girlfriend at the time, at her sisters. Her sister used to live in this old house deep in rural CT. One weekend when house sitting kept hearing creaking upstairs. Went up to investigate, of course, nothing. Just an old office, with old cameras and equipment. Go back downstairs, creaking again. Go back upstairs. You get the idea.

Later when talking to owners, it was a common occurrence in the grandfather's office. Old rocking chair rocking back and forth. Suffice it to say, I left the office as it was even though the sound would come and go.

4. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

In Colorado I used to ski most weekends in the winter. Usually, I'd stay in beat up old Leadville instead of a resort, because it was cheap. Anyway, late one night after a day of skiing we checked into the Delaware Hotel which is a creaky old building dating back to the beginning of the old mining town. I didn't hear a thing, but in the morning the girlfriend insisted we should get moved to another room because she was kept awake by noise from the bar downstairs - piano, laughter, etc.
    And when I asked at the desk, I was told they didn't have a bar - it had closed and been converted into a souvenir shop and breakfast nook many years before. People in most of the rooms had complained about bar noise at one time or another, so a different room wouldn't matter. They were quite familiar with that complaint. Most people couldn't hear it, but some, like my GF could.

5. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

I am picturing the Shining.

6. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

Back in September, I opened a thread by Poppy; and it was about WW2!
    Wooooooo... Spooky! ;)
    (Not a serious complaint, mate.)

Couple of odd experiences over the years.
    One overwhelming 'impression' of a C18th lady at Sulgrave Manor.
    One set of battlefield noises at Bosworth, in an area that was only identified as the actual battlefield somewhat later than our group experience.

And Granny used to talk to a hooded monk at the foot of her bed, among other strangeness.
    Which really didn't help on childhood sleepovers.

George Patton likes this.
  7. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Was walking through a glen in the Ochil Hills one Spring night many years ago just as twilight was forming. Shouldn't have been there really, I mistimed how much time I had left before dark.
    Anyway, I looked up to the cliffs on my left and there was this old shepherd guy- deerstalker hat, tweed knickerbockers etc- leaning on his walking stick looking at me. I looked down at the path, looked back up to wave to him- and he was gone. He didn't fall off the cliff, he wasn't moving along it and behind it was a steeply rising slope to a wood several hundred yards higher up. There was nobody but me around.

8. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

I woke up......I did dream one time I was stuck at the airport, and didn't know how to get home...then OJ loaned me 50cents to get home

9. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Poppy did you get into the communion wine ?

10. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I know a guy who knows a guy who said this happened to him;

" I (my friends' friend) was working out in the shed when I (not me the other guy), heard at least two people talking. Being the nearest house was over a hundred yards away I (not me the other guys friend),knew it wasn't the neighbors. It was not close enough to make out what they were saying but close enough to sound like they were just outside the doorway. I (no not me), stepped out to look around and didn't see anyone. As I (okay it was me), turned to go back into the shed I heard it again. Looking up I saw a round shaped balloon/dirigible/blimp of some kind about 500 feet above me that had a catwalk type walkway circling the diameter. There were two people walking on the catwalk and as I watched they opened a door and went inside the balloon. There were also Flags hanging over the railing and I remember seeing one for France, Great Britain, Germany, the USA and a couple others. I thought "That is interesting and went back to what I was doing. Then thought I'd go get the camera and take a few pictures. Stepped back outside and it was gone."

11. Victor Gomez

Victor Gomez Ace

I worked on this depot and can tell you that workers would not work in the environs of certain buildings unless all lighting was operating to provide complete illumination of certain areas felt to be filled with numerous spirits.....the account I am supplying comes from the area of the depot that became the town of Fort Wingate where the hospital was located.....be sure to read all the commentary below the main statement. I thought this might please Poppy's interests.http://www.strangeusa.com/Viewlocation.aspx?id=6556

12. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

13. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

That was communal wine? Going to have to get me some more. Fruity with a touch of oak.

Also worked in an old folks home during high school. Was 14, and shy. Would always hang with the nurses on their breaks. They had a lot of stories about seeing things, or dying patients seeing relatives who had passed.

That would be rather unnerving, Super B.
    The thousands of folk who witnessed the Arizona Lights 1997 were ridiculed. The Governor had a press conference with an alien in attendance.
    After he left office, he came clean about what he (and thousands of others) actually saw.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfVOeC8EiPY

The Orson Welles radio broadcast actually freaked a lot of people out. The mere thought something may exist, that didn't chime with day to day dogma really disturbed some people.

14. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

check out my post in Kai's Harrison Ford thread....very scary and mysterious

15. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I read a comment on Harrison Ford's crash where somebody said that since he was 72 and married to Kalista Flockhart, he was probably very good at dead-stick landings on a very narrow strip.

Poppy and bronk7 like this.
  16. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

So I have been gone for a while working on our schools annual spring play, and during the middle of a practice last week I went to the bathroom. As I'm am about to do my business, I hear these three knocks coming from the bathrooms entrance door. I immediately sprint out of the bathroom to see if anyone was there and I saw no one nor did I hear anything else. Now I'm never going there by myself in the dark! :blink:

17. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

18. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Just got a weird pic from sisters friends cabin in BC woods. There was only the cabin and a camp fire in the original night picture. When she viewed it, a large blue orb/ large red orb/ and shadow standing by the fire. ..She was really upset, showed it to her father who is an experienced photographer. He had no possible explanation.
    I'll try to post from my phone. Lousy at that stuff.

19. toki2

toki2 Active Member

The burglar would certainly be surprised as your house burnt down.

20. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

We had a story here last week of a snake that wondered into a back yard...the owners were outside having a drink when they spotted him and chased him under a caravan (mobile home) in their back yard...well after a little discussion and a few more drinks, they decided to smoke him out and lit a fire under the caravan...well the SOBER amongst us can guess what happened next...They made it into the paper...