Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Mystery ship ?

Discussion in 'The War at Sea' started by bosworth gannaway, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Re: BBB

An old comic / magazine for boys, full of tales of derring-do from the far-flung reaches of Empire
    For more see any of the following:
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=

2. Hoosier phpbb3

Hoosier phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Bos:
    If you need an "extra" Yankee from Indiana in your movie, do give a shout-out. I always wanted to meet 'Spielberg.
    :grin:
    It may end-up looking much like U-571 however from the sound of things. :eek:
    I think what he's trying to say is "Boys, you've been royally had!"

Tim

3. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    We haven't really considering after asking for information the next post I posted when he originally posted about this debunked pretty much all of the more fantastic elements of this story, same on this thread. If this has been an elaborate joke it pretty much fell at the first hurdle.

The book/movie extension at the moment just makes the whole thing seem rather ludicrous and certainly doesn't appear to have been written as a "Hah-hah, gotcha lads!" sort of post.

I eagerly await further comment from the original poster on this.

4. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Interesting, as Caroline discovered this on the ol' Interweb today:

http://www.bounty.com/Catherine%20on%20 ... s/18216839

You must have made quite an impression on her for her to be involved in your film despite this. :wink:

5. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    ..michale cain as the gruff yet lovable captain of hms "mystery "..stern yet fair hardy kruger, skipper of the crack luftwaffe condor squadron ...crusty cutlass bearing seadogs " bos" marlin and "tommy " merlin , man the aft six pounder... ex pat indiana playboy turned rn volunteer gunner (winston , we are here! ) lt "clint" hoosier... urbane ,devil may care, raf flight officer hurricat pilot "paddy" simoner , ricky "don " boffin as "Q " mi 5s expert on giant rocket propelled butterfly nets .....i think this things got "oscar" written all over it ..perhaps " oooh das ist zo hot" paris hilton could be asked to play the german spy/love intrest , since cz jones is perhaps semi retired ..can i invest in this project or mabey act ..( i was tree once in a third grade school play ) ..is it too late ? ..are royatys to be paid on net or gross proffits ? my agent seems to think this is important ...

6. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Anyone seen BG in the last week -- ever since Simon asked him straight out if he was Marlin?

The World Wonders.....

7. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    He's probably been busy poor chap, all those champagne dinners with Catherine and his Hollywood chums must be really eating into his spare time.

The timeliness of his absence is probably just a coincidence. :wink:

8. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i hope you didnt run him off simon , are you a barrister btw , i dont think id relish being crossexamined by you....? ..he provided alot of grist for the debate mill here . and he is a clever and witty pundit ..is being marlin a such bad thing?

9. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Thanks. I think. :wink: I'll take that as a compliment of sorts. Anyway, I certainly wasn't trying to run him off, just trying to get to the bottom of this tall tale.

But how much of it had any truth to it?

Having more than one account is a breach of forum rules, or at the very least was last time I checked. There's good reason for it, it'd be very easy to create a second account in order to provide fake support or evidence for an argument or viewpoint (As Marlin apparently did when he apparently posted as Esquilax supporting his "Chieftains in Vietnam" posts), this is clearly unhealthy and undermines the purpose of this forum.

Aside from that, I'd find it interesting if (As I believe is the case) Bosworth/Marlin/Esquilax all were the same individual since Marlin's credibility was called into question over the Chieftain's in Vietnam saga and it would appear that Bosworth's account may have been an attempt to circumvent the not inconsiderable dent in Marlin/Esquilax's credibility.

For me at least that would cast a great shadow of doubt over Bosworth's other posts, this thread aside.

The fact that he seems to have vanished when questioned over apparent inconsistencies and any connection to Marlin (As Marlin/Esquilax did) rather than respond to his critics just casts further doubt on his credibility.

10. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    ...elementry my dear dr. watssion....indeed it would appear that you and your very shrewd detective freind have once again driven the evil dr marlinoirty to ground ...might i suggest that in future you two not wear those distinctive caps while sleuthing about in the forums foggy moors ...the fore and aft deerslayer and bowler hats are very conspicuous in this day and age and i dare say may well have tipped the scoundrel off as to your true identitys , as it would appear he has again ,given you the slip ......also mr simon sir ..if i might be so bold ...ah , er ,though im sure its as you say ,my good fellow ..the 1% solution does great wonders for your very keen sense of deduction ,ah perhaps you might find some other way to ingest it rather than in that great maloderous wooden tobacco pipe , perhaps you could sprinkle it on a simple cigarette ?....anyway , i cannot thank you both enough for arriveing when you did , i came within a hairs breadth of pledging my aged mothers entire fortune on this foolish hollywood movie rubbish ..bah! mystery ship indeed! .im a lonely old fool and talk of those wonderous welsh udders caused me to lose my good sense, i fear ..ahem ...i toast your good health , sirs and pray you soon pick up the scent of this villainous cur again ...god speed you and good hunting , gentlemen ..

11. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Mystery ship

Woody, I feel that your last post does you no credit at all, the sarcasm was not even witty.
    I back Simon all the way, anyone who writes as BG did, and has done so before I feel we could do without on this forum.
    Whether he himself believes all that he writes I do not know, but certain gullable young people on this forum did, he was a liar and a poser, he contradicted himself many times and in my opinion should have been banned from this Forum.

12. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    ive been reading marlins old posts and i have to agree simon that marlin and bosworth are without a doubt one and the same...the piece above is not intended as sarcasim but merely a humorous tribute to simon and ossian for their clever detective work ..i had missed to brit officer viet nam cheiftan in da nang thing ..plainly all of it is horse pucky ...to bad , i rather liked the latest incarnation of marlin ..simon has neatly excised the tumor with the help of his small bowler hatted doctor freind and without the use of any illegal stimulants ,you can be sure....guys who pretend to be ex combat soldiers do actually kind of piss me off ...so bos can go piss up a rope ...the villainous cur...

13. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I knew it had to happen sooner or later, Majorwoody and I actually agree on something! :lol:

Thanks for the support Merlin, as it stands I took Woody's previous post in the spirit I thought was intended which seems the same as actually was intended. It's a worthy reminder though that on forums such as these people will read things the way they think they're meant rather than the way you think you typed them.

Now, to find somewhere to keep the ol' Dearstalker and pipe safe for the time being... :lol:

14. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    it occurs to me that the dialog i attempted to immitate is actually 1940s hollywood basil rathbone sherlock which is late victorian dialog as percieved by american writers for american audiences ...wuold such a portrayel cause laughter and ridicule in the u.k. ... for example ....i saw a thing where the original ALFIE with michale cain as released in the uk ( in east end cockney ) would be quite impossible for an american audience to follow and it was redubbed in americanized cockney and was a big hit in the usa in mid sixties ...

15. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Its like a paper that used to be put out that had all kinds of stories, models, and tricks that boys might like.

16. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Bump for Bosworth.

Any comment?

17. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    bumped as in bumped off ,take him for a ride and put one behind his ear ? no , i think killing him is too drastic , he should be locked in a room and made to listen to childrens sing along records for 5 hours straight ,and make sure he surrenders his shoelaces and belt beforehand .

18. Hoosier phpbb3

Hoosier phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Haul his sorry-butt down to the Magic Kingdom at Disney World in Florida.
    Bind him tightly and gag him so he doesn't scare small children.
    Make him listen to "It's a Small World After All" until he repents... or is able to eventually chew through his ropes.
    The poor devil...

Tim

19. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Maybe endless repeats of "The Darling Buds of May" would be more appropriate :p

20. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It's with great Zorro that I too have noticed Bosworth's absence, it might be too much keeping up with the Jones's lately? Or maybe the Cat(herine)'s got his tongue?