Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Name Ideas

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Brayden Allen, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

So, i've got some pretty good news since my last update. So, I have mentioned many times before I want to pursue a career making movies, video, etc. Some of which will include historical topics. One way I have considered to show my work is through YouTube. I have found that I love working on YouTube and want to hopefully feature my work on there. At this point i'm pretty sure that I have found my "niche" for my channel. This is something that i've been struggling with. You see I really don't like to speak or be on camera. I am much better at just speaking in person. So, because of this I have decided that I am just going to make videos and films and upload them to my channel. Most of the time the videos will just be built around my travels. Every now and then they will be military/history themed. I want my channel to work similarly to devinsupertramp.

I am also happy to say that I have just recently started my summer video job and I love it. It's so much fun. Tiring but fun and worth it. The guys I work with have given me alot of advice and tips about video and are very encouraging. The only problem is my video job is only during the summer so my parents won't let me quit my other job which I absolutely hate. Even one of my co-workers at my video job told me I should quit my other job which just to let you know is a fast-food job at the busiest place on earth. You probably could guess what it is.

But, enough rattling, the point of this topic is because I have really started to get into video and even some photography and graphic design I have decided to create my own little personal side business to get my name out there and make some extra money doing what I love to do. I am having a hard time deciding on a name and was wondering if you guys had any ideas. Here are some specs on the name that I want. I want it to incorporate my name because it's just me at the moment. I really want to try to avoid just using my name because I want people to know what I do, however I will use just my name if I have to. I want the name to sound like a brand name so I can have an easier time marketing it. I'm interested to know what you guys have in mind.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  2. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

People enjoy mashups, so maybe "BrayAll"?

3. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

My son has a landscape construction business and uses his name, i.e. John Smith Landscapes. He books about $1mil/year with one crew so it can work. A number of visual artists have their name in the company name. I bought a pair of used ski boots from this guy and we finalized the deal as he waited for sunrise on top of a mountain at Aspen.

https://www.oakleyphoto.com/

4. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

How exciting for you! Maybe they will offer you a job. I just woke up, so I'm no help on names. Coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Lol I'll think on it and come back later to see what has been shared. Good luck!

5. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Ok, here's an update. So, I discovered that it would be hard to promote a brand with what I do with just my name. I may use it in the future though. I've been looking at ways many big name brands create their names and have come up with a few ideas. So here they are.

Alba/Albra - A combination of my first and last name. I got the idea from the knife brand Gerber, named after British Adventurer, Bear Grylls

I have found that I like the word "Render" it kind of describes what I do and is a synonym for make or create. Here are some ideas based of that.
    Render Works
    Render Watch
    Render Nation

Rendation - A combination of "Render" and "Nation"

I would like to here you guy's thoughts. I might have some more ideas in the future.

6. Owen

Owen O

Bear Grylls has nothing to do with it...

History of Gerber | Gerber Gear

George Patton likes this.
  7. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I was going to say...Gerber existed long before Bear became a faux star.

As some one who has a youtube channel (small as it is with 100 subscribers) and who has taken part in streaming etc., its all about branding. You want a name that works for everything you plan on covering on your channel, so that people associate that name with you and your channel.

I associate the word 'Render' with graphic design, specifically 3D modeling. If you're doing something more movie based and not graphic design, I would suggest something else. You could use some sort of throwback to your interest in military history (either the name of your great grandfathers B-17 or something similar) but lots of options really.

JJWilson likes this.
  8. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

I realized Gerber wasn't named after Bear right after I posted that so, sorry for the false information. It was actually just named after the company's founder. Anyways, what i'm probably just gonna do is use a form of name that actually does use my own name. I've decided to do it this way for now because i'm the only own running the brand at this time. Almost all the idea incorporated into the brand come from me so it would make sense that the brand make a references back to me. So, i've decided just to call it "Brayden Allen Creations". I now it sound kind of lame but this is all I could come up with sense I love to create things, specifically things related to media.

9. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

My two cents...don't worry about the name in terms of incorporating your name...or even your subject. As you may have seen there are MANY production companies, particularly in America. These brands - and the accompanying logo rarely have any obvious connection with films or the makers...this says to me its about finding a name that is memorable, simple and has impact....like the word Impact for example.
    Names like Paramount, Universal and DreamWorks come to mind...there are some companies that use their names though - MGM or Warner Brothers for example.
    I Iike "Brayden films" or "BA Productions"

10. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Okay, I been doing some more researching and thinking and I think i've finally decided on some ideas for the "vibe" I want my brand name to give so that you guys could help me come up with a name. So first of all, I thought about the name Revelation or Revelation Studios. I like the name because Revelation simply means coming up with a new idea, which is pretty much what I do when I creating things. But here are the things i'd like for my name.

1. an iconic simple name that people will remember. I'd like to keep it at 1 or two words
    2. I eventually want to create merchandise for my brand and I want to develop that into like a clothing brand similar to Columbia
    3. a tactical vibe that gives off my love of history
    4. a name that somewhat gives off what I do so that people will be attracted too it.
    5. Any more ideas I come up with.

I hope this clears it up a bit. Thanks for your help already!

11. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

War Watch Net?

12. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

I've come up with some good name that I kinda like. In order to keep it simple i've just decided to use the word media. Here are my ideas.

Some of these could either have media or studios in the name
    -BA Media
    -Revelation Media
    -Revleation Studios
    -Red & Blue Media
    -Red Media
    -Red & Black Media
    -B3 Media
    -B5 Media
    -B18 Media
    -Mission Media/Media Mission

I'd like to know which one you guys like the best.

13. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

The Revelation ones sound religious, which is fine, but I like Mission Media.

14. Brayden Allen

Brayden Allen Member

Possibly in the future I may expand my brand to build things more than just on computer stuff. For not i'm gonna many work on photo, graphic and video stuff. Because of this do you guys think I could use a word like "Workshop" or "Concepts" in my brand name? If not, just media works too.

15. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

"Concepts"