Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Napoleonic figurines

Discussion in 'Military History' started by Skipper, Feb 21, 2008.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Skipper, smae thing here. I won a few ribbons and such but, never came in 1st place as others were more skilled than I was.

One of my favorite dioramas included some 100 or so figures on it. It was supposed to be a Banzai Charge of Japanese soldiers charging a British position. For an amature like me, I didn't do too badly. The last diorama I can recall building was my Roarke's Drift scene. I did not build the whole thing-merely just a small section of wooden fencing where I had about 4 or 5 British soldiers fending off about 20 Zulu's. This was the one that won me my highest award-which was 3rd place. Incidently, this scene took me all of about 2-3 hours to make from scratch.

2. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

I just recently found in a local shop 12 hard plastic figures of some WWII US Generals and Admirals for 50 cents a piece. They look about 54mm. Im thining I may paint them up sometime :).

3. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

One of the reasons I stopped was time, another reason was space to store these fragile dioramas, a third was money. I still get a few aircraft models from time to times, but that's about it.

4. JCFalkenbergIII

JCFalkenbergIII Expert

Basically the same reasons for me also. That and the wargaming figures and other collections I have LOL.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Darn Skipper, im a tad bit dissappointed in that you did not stop building dioramas because (not said) of discovering the women-folk ;-))

Anyway, that's about half the reasons of why I quit building dioramas ;-)) the other reason was for lack of money-since it wll went to taking Allison out to the local Burger joint and to the local theater about 2-3 times a week. After that, we usually cruised around in my car for a few hours.

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

That's one hell of a good reazson Carl. Same for me, I could also add the traveling arounf the world. I even bought a few figurines while in the U.S. but then got bothered with all the weight in my suitcases and I stopped dragging them around.