Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Nazi belt buckle

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by marcus2895, Apr 12, 2010.

1. marcus2895

marcus2895 Member

I recently went to Krakow in Poland and purchased this belt buckle, i was wondering what devision is it and is it real? i paid 45zl for it so about £10. Any info will be a great help:D:D

Attached Files:

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

totenkopf wehrwolf, a poor fake...

3. VonBond

VonBond Member

Hi, yes its a fake and not a good one, but a tenner is probably not way too much, as long as it doesnt fall apart.

Jerry

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

A fake and a polish made one too

5. marcus2895

marcus2895 Member

ahh ok thanks for the help:( its my fault for buyin it i did get it off of a market in poland should have guessed

6. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

As our member Carl says, "if it's too cheap to be good it usually ain't good". Then again, 10 £ for a fake is not expensive. What's "funny" about polish fakes is that they often have the same back and sometime seven the same RZM number whatever the buckle is .

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, maybe the seller you bought it from was a guy named: Adolff-who only sells fakes and as far as I know, only on Ebay. Nice fantasy piece though.

Thanks for the credit Skipper ;-))

8. marcus2895

marcus2895 Member

I also have some german binoculars which have been handed down to me from grandad. im gonna get holdof them off of my mum and post some pics in the next few days any info would be good because i dont really know anything about them

9. surfersami

surfersami Member

Don't feel too bad, when I was in Ukraine at the market a US tourist bought a genuine 100% original 1989 made WWII Russian officers cap. He paid a bit more than you did. After he bought it he was showing it around. The interpreter with me showed the gentleman that it was a fake then took him back to the seller to re-adjust the price. I thought it was nice of our interpreter to do that, but he got into a pretty good argument with the seller. A policeman came over and things got sorted out quickly.