Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Neat field trip to the range - M1 Garand and M1 Carbine

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by Danny Creasy, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Danny Creasy

Danny Creasy Member

My publisher wanted me to send them a couple of homemade videos relative to my recently published book about my preceding generation's involvement in the Great Depression and World War II.

I drafted one of my friends (Jim Watson) and got him to ride to the range with me to film these two videos.

When finished, I said, "Dang, I messed up a few lines."

He responded, "That's okay. I'm impressed that you went eight for eight on those generic brand 89 cent seltzer bottles!"

Fun stuff.

Danny

http://vid47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/sheffieldshootr/IMG_1491_zps2voqwrja.mp4

http://vid47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/sheffieldshootr/IMG_1489_zpszh4wa4g5.mp4

Slipdigit and McCabe like this.
  2. mac_bolan00

mac_bolan00 Member

I'm craving to own an M-1 carbine like others want cheese cake. The 18-inch barrel is an issue, though.

3. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Why would an 18 inch barrel be an issue?

4. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Maybe he's a Canadian? 18" barrels are evil up here, and M1 Carbines are treated as handguns in the eyes of the law. Not a problem to own if you have the appropriate license (not hard to get) but some don't like the extra responsibilities/duties that owning one entails.

5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Ah, that's probably it. A lot of people here in the states get confused about 18 inch barrels for shotguns vs 16 inch for rifles, both of which are stupid arbitrary rules.