Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need help with German HBT tunics!

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by redfan45, Apr 2, 2009.

1. redfan45

redfan45 Member

Iam gonna be getting one but I dont know if they where field grey like ive seen or Reed Green like ive seen and original photos look the same since their black and white, thanks

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I can only suggest that before diving into spending hundreds of $$$, spend some of that on Uniform Referance books-otherwise you could get badly fried.

Also, just because a pic is B&W, does not mean you can't "see" the features" you will see when dealing wiht such a style of Tunic. Im not trying to be rude about this answer-just trying to help.

Best regards-from the proud owner of onw M-1939 German Majors Doeskin quality Tunic and visor ;-)) In otherwords-im no expert on any tunic other than ine but--you really do need to buy referance books to read and compare things with. I long ago got rid of most or all of mine and would have gladly given you those I had.

One book in particular that you can find in most bookstores and for cheap-that is a great uniform referance-is a book on German uniforms written by Wade Krawycek (SP?) His book has dozens of different tunics-in wear and in color-shown throught his book.