Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need HelpWith Information for Memorial

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Dot, Jan 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Dot

Dot New Member

Update, I have received his medals and my son is building a display case in the shape of the Keystone. When I have the finished product, I'll post photos. I will need to ask if there is a proper way to display the ribbons and medals. Any info on that would be appreciated. I want to make sure they are displayed properly.

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I don't think there is a "proper" way to display them. It's really up to you. I would put a picture of him the top, then put his most important medals underneath. If you have any written citations, I would include them as well. I'm anxious to see the finished product.

3. KMZgirl

KMZgirl Member

Really enjoyed reading this thread. I look forward to seeing the finished product!

4. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Do a Google image search for "Army shadow box display" and scan through the pictures for display ideas you like. I look forward to seeing the finished display.

5. mcoffee

mcoffee Son-of-a-Gun(ner)

6. Dot

Dot New Member

Thanks everyone. We found by submitting for his medals that he also received the Bronze Star. We had no idea. I will definitely be putting his photo in the box. I am hoping my son will get this done before fall. He works alot and rarely has weekends free. When done, I will for sure post a photo.