Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Need input from long distance motorcycle riders.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by A-58, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Gebirgsjaeger

Gebirgsjaeger Ace

Good to have you back! Hope you had a lot of fun on the way!

2. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

We met a lot of interesting people along the way, there and on the way back. There were many groups of people who were enroute to Sturgis as we were, some were staying at the same hotels that we were staying at, some we met at restaurants, and some we met while filling up at the gas stations along the way. The closer we got to Sturgis, the more bikes we ran into that were headed that way, and they all had their story to tell. It was just one thing after another like that. It's kind of hard to explain the experience on a forum like this, but that's what made the trip, all the little stories along the way. All trips from now on will be measured by the Sturgis trip standard, and they will be hard pressed to keep up.

3. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Well it's that time of year again. Going back to Sturgis with my couzan (Cajun French for cousin) from New Orleans and I are hitting the road in the morning. Four others bailed out on us, and one can't get off of work (tugboat captain) in time to go with us so he's coming up Friday with another group. We'll have fun anyway. This year is the 75th anniversary of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally and promoters are expecting a million riders. That might be a stretch I think. In the years preceding this one, post rally estimates put the counts at the 4-500,000 mark. Whatever it is, there will be two from Louisiana there for sure. Should be back by August 12, so I'll be out of the loop until then. Looking forward to getting on the road. Probably won't get a wink of sleep tonight. Catch y'all later!

4. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

Be careful, but not too careful. Enjoy, I know you will. If you're bringing back souvenirs, hot biker chicks are always good.