Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Bf 110G-2 by Revell

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by E#1, Sep 23, 2003.

1. E#1

E#1 Member

of Germany. Just had a good friend from Schwerin send me some nice scans of his uncompleted attempt so far. This is going to be one wicked bomber killer once completed ! heavy armament in the nose and belly weapons pod as well as the 4 Br 21cm rocket launchers for underneath the wings.....

anyone see this kit in the shops yet ?

~E

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

See it in shops--we don't have any shope with models in them anymore--ever since Leisure Time Hobbies closed their doors about 4-5 years ago. :(

Looks like I might have to go all the way to San Antonio to visit Dibbles, if I want anything. Rather--if I want to look at and touch kits before I decide to buy. :(

3. E#1

E#1 Member

Carl, it maybe a re-elase of an older kit from Germany ? If you eer pick one up let me know and I will help you with the codes and camo details.
    am not sure what the scale is either.....good grief ! [​IMG]

~E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

It's going to be quite some time before I get back into attempting to build kits. Usually then it will probably be tanks and soldiers. I have built some aircraft kits before but--mainly only 1/72nd 1/45th? and a very few 1/35th or 1/32nd scales.

My favorite scales are 1/35th and 1/72nd. Now if your talking about Waterline kits--I like 1/250th and 1/300th scale kits.

I wonder if Preiser from germany is still in operation? They had some cool stuff years ago.

5. E#1

E#1 Member

I've heard of that firm Carl ! now were they just making German Kriegsmarine units or other countries ?

I am sure you would like that 1/48th scale Bf 110G-2 or at least Fried would since he is a Bf 110 fan ! ;)

~E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi E, Preiser made high quality 1/72nd scale kits as well as Luftwaffe personnel.

I bought a Messerschmitt 110, and some trucks and such from them and also one box of Luftwaffe personnel. I liked their personnel because you got at least 50 figures and each had different poses. I had my ME-110 with cockpit open and a pilot climbing into it. His German Shepard dog was running up to his aircraft.

Another neat thing about this kit as it had a few other dogs as well as folding "wooden and Canvas" chairs and other items as extras you might see at an airfield.

I remember paying the--then extremely high price of $8.00 for this kit. At that time--I was painting 1/72nd scale soldiers and buying boxes of them for about $3.00 for 50. So you might emagine that I thought the Preiser kit as a very expensive one.

All I can say is Preiser is worth it.

7. E#1

E#1 Member

you're right of course, the costs these days are horrific. One reason why I am staying with literature as the primal means. Then I can have fun like posting interesting tidbits for the guys/gals here on the forums.
    At one time I was searching seriously for a Sturmjäger Fw 19-A-8/R-2 from Trimaster. As the kit in whatever scale it was was way oocommission I found 1-2 going for over $ 100.00 each US......arg ! and to think some of the real serious chaps have 4-5 of these kits sitting in the closet ! :eek: no to mention the dozens of others lying about being ready to be opened and put on the shelf.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I completely agree--the prices for PLASTIC is absolutely crap. A large manufacturing plant sits less than 30 miles from here. They also do petroleum andd Ibuprophen--yet we pay high prices here as well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. E#1

E#1 Member

Carl I am still in touch with my German friend and he posted to me the addy of the IMPS Deutschland which he is apart of. I'll hunt the addy down and post it for then you can take a good look at the kit. He thought the kit was worth the monies although he stated he thought the plastic overal was a bit thin. A few flaws in the kit that have to be worked out but nothing major. he purchased an etched interior to replace the plastic one and it came out great from the scans he sent.

be back in a few.......

~E

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

OK, ill be around here for about 2 more hrs.

11. E#1

E#1 Member

12. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

a small notation.........I'm back to myself

yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~E

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Link worked. Nice looking kit. If I ever do decide to get back into building--I don't know what area I would start in--probably with 1/35th scale soldiers.

14. Erich Hartmann

Erich Hartmann Member

The Communists gave me a hall pass from prison for a few days to check in on my brothers from WWForums. I trust that all is well.

I haven't seen this kit yet in the flesh, but I know for a fact that the local hobby store can order it. Revell Germany is - for reasons still unclear to me - a very separate wing of the company.

Carl - I owe you a pic with me & the Porsche 356 - expect it shortly. Sorry for the (almost 2 year) delay.

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

good to see you on the boards after a long hiatus.....

well it will be awhile but keep an eye out for it if your interested. Right now I am helping the good friend that is building this particualr model in Germany with historical background on III./ZG 26 and trying to find the pilot with the score of 7 US bombers downed. The markings in the kit might be a little bogus though but still searching. I'll let everyone know what the progress is on this and I know Steffen will have the kit completed by mid-Ocotber even with his studies at University in Eastern Germany

cheers und biers Herr Hartmann, and yes your local model-plastic supplier should have some paperwork already on this craft and it's expected arrival time to the shop I would think......

~E