Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Review of Call of Duty: World at War

Discussion in 'Call of Duty' started by Iron Cross, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Iron Cross

Iron Cross Member

2. Halldin

Halldin Member

"The weapons have clearly been given a great deal of attention"
    I disagree. A bolt rifle barely hurts the enemy and overall, the damage of the weapons is not accurate at all, there's also almost no recoil whatsoever. I think the MP maps are disappointing. I sometimes enjoyed the SP, but there were alot of times where I just struggled through to keep up the story, which could have been better. The sniper missions were pretty fun but the tank controls were horrible.
    I'd give this a 6-7/10.

Iron Cross likes this.
  3. General_Patton

General_Patton Member

This really is a great game, i have it and i play it all the time... although they really could have paid attention to a few more of the details... like they did get all the guns down and they are very detailed, but they dont even have realistic sounds to them... i mean, for like cod2, they recorded the gun sounds for the game, so why couldnt they have done the same for this game? and ya, the tank controls are kinda sluggish, ill agree with that, but overall i still give this game a 9/10

Iron Cross likes this.
  4. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

You guys are way too kind. The models are nicely detailed, but I'm sorry, an SMG does not beat a Rifle at long range like they do in WAW. The PPSH remains extremely overbalanced and a lot better then it was IRL. Not to mention the Online Profile thing, inability to change your name, connectivity issues (trying to play Zombie mode is near impossible because of this) and a dozen over factors.

Hufflepuff and Iron Cross like this.
  5. Iron Cross

Iron Cross Member

I'll defer to you guys when it comes to historical authenticity, but you have to admit that the game is fun. That's my most important criterion.

6. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

This IS a fun game, but the story isn't all that it could have been. I barely even know who my characters are through the course of the game.

I also agree with what someone said about the bolt actions rifles: WAY underpowered.

Iron Cross likes this.
  7. Boy Soldier

Boy Soldier Member

The tank controls were TERRIBLE. It took me a couple of hours to complete the tank mission on the Wii. I personally think they overpowered the SMG for the "uneducated" audiance. The majorty of the players are probably not history buffs. Let us think what it would be like for a typical person to play it. They don't want to wait for the rifle to reload, they want to go blast the brains out of some German. I give it a 7/10.

8. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

I have to concur..........I enjoy the hell out of it. The "Hardcore" mode is best.

I have to agree with the SMG criticizm and the range on the trench gun is a little more than it should be.

All in all a great game

"Formerjughead" on 360

Brad

Iron Cross likes this.
  9. sturmtiger

sturmtiger Member

It was a awesome game

10. DSkeet

DSkeet recruit

I look forward to buying this game. I have always liked WWII based games the most.