Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New "Skin" Installed

Discussion in 'WWII Forums News' started by Otto, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I was not talking about the 0.50 grey margings on each side but about the 2.5 cm black margins. I don't know if I'm the only one to have these. It's like being at the cinema, but the margins are vertical not horizontal.

2. sommecourt

sommecourt Member

It's looking good Otto - but I also have black borders on both sides (using Firefox by the way) - perhaps that might compress text and photos?

Otherwise looking very professional!

3. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

OK everyone, for the record: The grey borders are intentional. ;) :peppy: :D We have some plans to use them, so they are going to stay.

Also for the record, the skin is not done, we are still ironing out glitches and adding features, so don't get cranky. What did everyone do last night, go on a bender? :hungover:

4. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

This is what the WWII Forums are supposed to look like. Note the gray pattern at the top right and left of the page.

Attached Files:

5. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

ok, thanks Peppy , That's what it looks like on my computer, am I colour blind or is it black, you say grey, ok maybe dark grey?

6. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Pah, per the Stalinist 'One Man, One Vote' principle, I thing the wide dark grey borders should go, blotches or no blotches :D

Skipper likes this.
  7. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

The blotches are temporary, but I'm pretty sure the borders are here to stay, (unless Otto can be convinced otherwise). ;)It seems a lot of people have problems with the border. Is it purely the existence of the border, the dark color or both? I'm also not sure if it is the kneejerk change=bad reaction, which I have seen here before and everyone seemed to survive. ;)

8. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Its dark grey for me.

I like it.
    I don't really care though, I'm here to learn and discuss not to be picky.

Like I said before, keep up the good work!

9. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

I think I like.

10. Za Rodinu

I don't know what the others think, for me the effect of the now famous dark borders is that they narrow the useful 'work surface'. It's like on a text when you define margins too wide, they narrow your text column and restrict size of photos.

Besides, the blotches make me think someone should see a dermathologist :D

11. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

There was some lost space before, although indeed less, but it wasn't as noticable since the sides were white. Much more space is lost via the avatar placement at the left of the post, rather than the previous above-post location. I am currently looking to put the avatars above the post to get that space back. The border however will stay, since Otto has some super secret plans for that space! ;) The blotches will bereplaced with a WWII theme as well, so you can stop scatching. :D

12. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

It's okay with me, my posts will be longer and not as wide , that will be the main difference. Is my computer darker than the others? I really see black margins. I will try my gama resolution and brighten the general colours , it may be my own computer.

13. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

It looks black when you scroll down. If you scroll up to where the black spothces are, you can see the difference between Black/Gray.

Keep in mind that Otto did say this was the BETA version of the new Skin. I'm sure that once he finalizes it, some things will be different. I do agree with Peppy - i prefer the Avatars at the top of the posts, not the sides. Short posts look weird, especially with positioning of Signatures in relation to the Avatars.

14. Onthefield

Onthefield Member

I definetly like the new design and the more of a military focus. It looks good.

I would have to agree with everybody though, avatars definetly look better and is more convenient on the top of the posts. Can't wait to see the prime nature of this page though, lol.

15. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

okay thank you for these extra details, I'm getting used to it and I must admit I really like the graffic quality. It will probalby display some great illustrations, I will try with an avatar and or signature in a new future. Something I really like is the reputation link which has easy access. The online button is also helpful.

16. Za Rodinu

[​IMG]

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Peppy

by placing said avatars above a posting aren't you back to having too narrow of a field........ maybe this is what the CO's desire ?

:wolf:

18. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Well we are back to the old avatar-above-the-post format. I still need to edit a dew buttons to match the overall layout, but the format is set, and you Rogues now have a little more elbow room for posting high-res photos of mp40's. Don't say I never gave you anything!

19. Za Rodinu

[​IMG]

20. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Thanks for the lovely rose. My goal here is to make you and you alone happy Za! You also could have used the smilies to say the same thing: :tankyew: