Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New tooling for B-52

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Prospero Quevedo, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Academy has released a new tooled b52 in 1/144. According to scalemates all previous boxing go back to crown revell. This new kit looks good from kit reviews. I have three old revell kits an early H with tall tail later h and a G. Would like to build a XB and maybe oddball 3or8. There's lots of conversions out there.

2. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

..they are still flying!

3. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

That's why I like it plus if they made this new tooling maybe they'll do the reengined version when they get in service. I wonder if that will mean a complete remanufacture strip to the framework framing repaired or replaced reskinned they have done so before. My uncle was Air Force maintenance, said some were getting so old and worn out they could take their pencil while doing inspections and poke holes in the skin. Those would then have to go to the hanger for structural inspection to make sure they were still air worthy. His son followed his career not sure where he is, got an assignment to an overseas base and moved there with his family. Anyway I have three of the old revell kits h,g and the early h I think the tall tail. Wanted to do a Vietnam era, and the short tails are grey these days. Plus I wonder if this version will have any types of variations as their always adding or upgrading sensors. I should read up and see what the crew is these days was six then five then I think four. Read the Air Force wanted to do more automation to get to three even just two crew. It is smazing how old it is and still our primary bomber. Like are any of the original engineers even still alive? Want to get another tall tail to make the XB52 with the tandem canopy. Looks like a bigger B47 with that.

4. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

...what's the biggest model you can get on the B52?....

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

This is an RC B-52

[​IMG]

And one that came down...

[​IMG]