Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Zealand Forces at Trieste

Discussion in 'Italy, Sicily & Greece' started by jkayuno, Jul 18, 2011.

1. jkayuno

jkayuno recruit

View attachment 13684
    Shown is a photo in a collection of photos of my late great-uncle Frank Frethey. It pictures (I guess)a relative, family friend of his. He (my great-uncle)was originally from the area around New Plymouth, New Zealand. I have had this collection since the passing of my father and subsequent passing of his aunt. This photo has always been a mystery to me. I look at it and see the pride of the pictured soldier in his tank. As I have just turned 70 myself and served in the Army Signal Corps in Alaska so I can understand his emotions. I would love to have some more info regarding this. In fact, if anybody knows anything about this, I would gladly donate it, if indeed any organization of descendant would care for it. It would be a shame to see it tossed away when I pass.
    P.S. The writing you see was transposed from the back of the photo.

Attached Files:

2. KiwiArmour

KiwiArmour recruit

Hi I have been researching the liberation of Trieste ultimately for a book I am working on. I also have had a long term interest in NZ armour in Italy. I would be interested in obtaining higher resolution copy of the photograph you have and any other photos that might be relevant. My email address is: plowman.holmes@xtra.co.nz

Jeff Plowman