Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

New Zealand Massacre...

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by CAC, Mar 17, 2019.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Why does one have to pick a side? Wading through this is complex, as much as people would like to make it (sound) easy...its not.
    The truth will set you free (Jesus and Einstein have both said) - But what would Jews know? Hehehe...quite a bit methinks.

2. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

They'll have to get in line Poppy.

Did you Google the phrase? What does the Google filter allow you to see? Our news is filtered by someone. Q?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  3. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

so far, there are undeniable Q proofs.
    I'm not smart enough to tell you, only leading horses to water.
    everything the q's have written about- minus some red herrings- has been very persuasive.
    Qmap

4. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

He'll have to get in line. And tell him to come before the "The Big One" hits. It's in the news here. At least in my feed.

My post was an attempt to see how our Google searches are tailored to the user. A mention was made of not seeing the Netherlands massacre and my google showed links to the story on the entire first page. That can't help with productive discussion. Good way to foster separate camps.

5. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

fyi, q is not 1 person.
    ...dejaview all over again.
    is that u dukw
    I like how you made an effort to blend in... then maybe u were triggered by discussion. words.
    relax and stay a while.

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Oh good...I was thinking...

[​IMG]

7. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

I'm wooley all over the net. From the Wheelhouse Tractor Collectors forum to the Trumptown Alt/Facebook club.

Funny, I was just listening to a podcast on NPR about presidential untruths, conspiracies and fake news in American history. The first line of Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg address was a misleading and intentionally untrue statement designed to unify the country. And we Americans can all remember the news mogul who wired his reporter in Cuba "You furnish the pictures and I’ll furnish the war.” before we said Remember The Maine!! after it blew up. .

( National Public Radio is a national and local news, info and fun stories radio and tv network. Independent stations across the country that are funded by public donations, government grants and lately, 30 minute infomercials pitching classic rock CD's while showing aging artists in live on tape concerts aimed a the boomer generation.)

8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Wheelhouse Tractor Collectors - Nice.

9. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Typo. Thought I fixed it. Wheel Horse Forum. Where discovered the utility of the internet to harness a collective knowledge base however arcane. Bought it used and used it all year every year for 30 years and through 2 restorations
    Probably belongs in the 6 Feet of Snow thread. but .....
    WHorse-after.jpg

Half Track, Poppy and CAC like this.
  10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

A handsome machine...Forgive my ignorance, but whats the octistrap on the back wheel?

11. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

It is set up for removing snow from the driveway. Those are chains on the rear wheels for traction. 1976 tractor with a 1966 snow thrower. I miss it but life is a house with many rooms.

12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Only retirees have that kind of time...unless - gov workers. hey, everyone knows its true...
    NPR is equivalent to CBC.
    just sayin.
    nice tractor.
    W12 may like this then.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  13. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Thanks. Nice music. My taste in music is eclectic and that fits.

"Only retirees have that kind of time...unless - gov workers. hey, everyone knows its true"

Gotta say that is the opposite of my experience. I was in what was the hot tech center in the country from the 50's - 80's. Taxes were high, CEO's were relatively poor by today's measure and life was good and relatively easy for the working man.

I like your last phrase. Quite a Bannonesque. I made my living with my mouth so phrases to move the mind are on my radar. "Clear as the nose on your face." is another good one. I never used either myself as my business was B to B. .

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

15. wooley12

wooley12 Active Member

Interesting holiday. I read the Wiki

New Zealand's reason for having Anzac Day as its national commemoration day is different from Australia's. In 1921 the poppies that had been ordered by the RSA for Armistice Day arrived too late on the ship Westmorland. The RSA was stuck with the cost of 350,000 of these French made poppies and to get its money returned quickly it chose the next commemoration date available to sell them – Dardanelles Day, 25 April 1922.

CAC likes this.
  16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

[​IMG]
    Coo-ee is an Aboriginal call (which white Australia adopted) the way its called out makes it easy to hear in the bush for a distance...

George Patton likes this.
  17. green slime

green slime Member

On 30 April 1915, when the first news of the landing reached New Zealand, a half-day holiday was declared and impromptu services were held.

The date 25 April was officially named Anzac Day in 1916; in that year it was marked by a wide variety of ceremonies and services in Australia, New Zealand and London. In New Zealand it was gazetted as a half-day holiday. Over 2,000 people attended the service in Rotorua. In London, over 2,000 Australian and New Zealand troops marched through the streets of the city. An unnamed London newspaper reputedly dubbed them "The Knights of Gallipoli". Marches were held all over Australia; wounded soldiers from Gallipoli attended the Sydney march in convoys of cars, accompanied by nurses.

Anzac Day was gazetted as a public holiday in New Zealand in 1920, through the Anzac Day Act, after lobbying by the New Zealand Returned Services' Association, the RSA.
    In Australia at the 1921 State Premiers' Conference, it was decided that Anzac Day would be observed on 25 April each year. However, it was not observed uniformly in all the states until 1922 when the States were invited to co-operate with the Commonwealth in observing the day, and an invitation was telegraphed to the various religious bodies suggesting that memorial services be held in the morning.​

CAC likes this.