Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Newbie reporting..

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by AMGOT, Apr 14, 2019.

1. AMGOT

AMGOT New Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Pete and I have been researching my father's involvement in the Italian Campaign for several months now. I chose AMGOT as my forum name because Dad was part of the Fifth Army's 2675th regiment, Company H. From what I have learned, the Allied Military Government of Occupied Territories moved with the Fifth Army restoring infrastructure and maintaining civil affairs in areas immediately after being overtaken by the Allied Forces. His Report of Separation lists Naples - Foggia, Rome - Arno, and North Apennines. I have some questions that I'll be posting later, but for now, I'd just like to say that I'm happy to be here.

Thanks...Pete

2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

AMGOT likes this.
  3. AMGOT

AMGOT New Member

Thanks - I've been reading this. Pretty interesting stuff. I learned from this book how AMGOT moved with the 5th Army through the Italian Campaign. Dad was tapped for service when they found out that he spoke fluent Italian. Based on his Report of Separation, they had originally planned to send him to the Pacific theater as a radio operator (he was originally in the AAF). Once it was learned he could speak Italian, the radio training was cut short and they sent him to Camp Ritchie for Military Intelligence training prior to assignment to the 5th and AMGOT.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  4. Tod

Tod New Member

G'day newbie here from Australia, came across the Forum for the first time and randomly posted my YT Vids in that thread. I should've started a new one but bleh. Love everything ww2 but (Everything is made better in Germany) haha. Hope someone can give me some info on my Luftwaffe/ss? K98 rifle. I know a fair bit about it, but there is much I don't know. Here's a vid from a few years back. Firing 1935 ammo through it. And a link to Photobucket if it works. It's a rare early Luftwaffe 1937 Laminated stock ''prototype'' that I scored cheap. But then it got real interesting as I discovered it wasn't a ''Russian capture''. See my other vids on YT Showing the rifle. Cheers, Tod.

AMGOT likes this.