Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NFL today

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by 107thcav, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I'm happier playing the Chargers then the Colts, I think we match up better vs the former then the latter. Should be good TV watching either way.

2. Hilts

Hilts Member

Cardinals Nailed!! :cheers:

Vikings at The Superdome................:blahblah::blahblah:..............C'mon Guys, we's due a Superbowl!! :D

3. 107thcav

107thcav Member

Vikings looked like they were out to destroy and conquer. Mussolini your Jets did the impossible and beat San Diego in a major upset. Congrats. Coming down to the wire now any picks for the superbowl. I still believe that Indy will be there.

4. Mussolini

Its not impossible when you have the best rushing offense in the league and the best defense in the league. Next week at Indy should be a very, very interesting game! (given how 'controversial' their last meeting was). I'm just happy that my team is playing in the AFC Championship and not sitting at home. The rest of my family are Giants fans, and my sister roots for whomever the Jets are playing against, so I get to rub all of this in everytime I talk to them. A guy here at work is a Pats fan, so its even sweeter :)

5. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Congrats to all the Jets fans, that was an impressive display by the young QB. He maintained his cool while Rivers and the Chargers seemed to get frantic and make mistake after mistake. Was a good game however, the Viks beat-down of the Cowboys wasn't all that much fun to watch after the third quarter and in the fourth I think Childress should have taken Farve out and let Jackson finish the game.

What if Brett had gotten 'whipsawed" or something and his forty year old knees had been damaged? Would Tavarius be abel to step up and battle the Saints? I don't think so, Farve should have been pulled and protected from possible harm in my mind. Why even risk it? The game was over long before the last TD.

6. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Oh my Ravens....

7. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Condolences "Sloniksp", but I wasn't too surprised to be honest. Nor was I surprised by the Saints absolute domination of the Cards.

8. Mussolini

The Cards did suffer from Warner being knocked out (literally) which really didn't help, but the Saints defense did impress me with the amount of pressure.

Saints vs. Vikings should be a pretty good game, I think.

Indy vs Jets will be a low scoring affair, and might very well come down to Peyton doing his thing in the final 2 minutes against the best defense in the league.

9. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Nor was I. But some of those call and penalties......UGH!

10. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

How poetic would it be if the Colts were knocked out by a team they could have prevented from making the playoffs at all a month ago. Keep in mind, during the Payton Manning era, only once have the Colts made the Superbowl, and it was the only year the Colts did not have the first round bye.

11. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I was thoroughly pleased to watch the Vikings dismantle the Cowboys. After listening to some of the Cowboys' players moaning about Minnesota "running up the score", I can only say that, had I been Brad Childress, I'd have followed that last touchdown with an on-side kick. I really don't like the Cowboys.:mad:

12. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

Me neither, I have been "anti-Cowboy" since "Hollywood Henderson" named them America's Team. I was insulted by the claim of the man and this was long before his drug use and marketing were known of. I also have become the "fan" of any team who happens to be playing against the 'boys, in any game, any conference, any place. Even if I dislike that team in any other circumstances. I have trouble rooting for the Raiders, except if they are playing the Cowboys. Then I'm a Raider fan, my second least liked team.

13. Hilts

Hilts Member

Good news and ........bad news!!

Good News!! My son thinks the Saints will beat the Vikings.................

Bad News! He's a Dolphins fan...........................knows nothing about football.

14. Hilts

Hilts Member

WHO DAT!!!!! :FUallplz::FUallplz:

:bow::bow::bow:

We going SUPERBOWL.................!!!:grouphug:

15. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Hell must be freezing over right about now....

16. Hilts

Hilts Member

Or Minnisota........................:p

17. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Will Favre retire 2010!

The saga continues 1/25/10

18. Hilts

Hilts Member

Ma Boyz done good!!

GO SAINTS............!!

All you Amercian footy fans are very quiet....................what happened to the year of the underdog?

19. 107thcav

107thcav Member

Your boys did very nice Hilts. It was a very well matched game and probably the best one i've seen all winter. Lot's of seesaw action. But a lot of fumbles and missed opportunities to. But, being from Indy I have to go with my Colts I think it will be another nail biter. Congrats to your Saints.

20. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I too think it wil be a battle between the "emotional" (Saints) and the experienced (Colts). Oddly enough I hope the Saints kick ass and take names, just because they shouldn't be able to do so. Payton will probably pick them apart and drive them into the ground like tent pegs, but I just hope for a good game that isn't so boring I go out for beer before the end.