Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NFL today

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by 107thcav, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Hilts

Hilts Member

Oh Ye of little faith!! ;)

2. Hilts

Hilts Member

WHO DAT!!

Ma Boyz dun good........................!!

:FUallplz::FUallplz::FUallplz:

A-58, Sloniksp and 107thcav like this.
  3. macrusk

macrusk Proud Daughter of a Canadian WWII Veteran

It was a great game!! Glad to see the Saints win in their first appearance at the Superbowl. While I have varied who I cheer for at times, the Saints have always been my underdog favourite.

Hilts likes this.
  4. 107thcav

107thcav Member

Hilts, you at least get a salute from me. My Bengals did'nt get there but at least the Colts did. Lots of great commercials, good food and very good beer. Oh how I hate it when football season ends. So, let the air shows, reenactments and collectors shows begin!! Or at least warmer weather. Congrats to the Saints.

Hilts likes this.
  5. Gerard

Gerard Member

Well done to the Saints. As a Raiders fan seeing that result has given me hope!!

6. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Here's a few bits of trivia surrounding the Saints game experience.

The Arch-Diocese of New Orleans got special permission from the Vatican so that the priests could conduct Mass in Saints jerseys on Superbowl Sunday morning. Many churches did not hold evening services.

There were over 25,000 people at the airport waiting for the Saints charter jet to arrive home. There were 11, yes 11 waiting at the airport in Indianapolis. There is no way to determine how many lined the routes outside the airport grounds.

The ferries in New Orleans were limited to pedestrian traffic only in order to get as many people across the river so they could see the victory parade.

Most DOTD operated ferries did not open Monday morning because not enough workers reported for duty.

On Monday after the game, schools were closed all over southeast Louisiana, and many businesses were closed as well (unofficial state holiday).

Numerous streets were re-named in honor of several Louisiana natives that were on the current Saints roster.

Several New Orleans carnival clubs post-poned their parades that coincided with the Superbowl.

There were over 800,000 people at the Saints victory parade last night. The Parade of Champions was what the parade was dubbed. Yesterday was dubbed "Dat Tuesday." Most of the parade goers made it over to the French Quarter to join the 150,000 or so the were still there from Sunday night.

Tatoo parlors across Louisiana have had a booming business all week. None have reported doing anything other than fluer-di-lis, who dats, N. O. Saints, Feb 7, 2010, or some variation of all. I wonder if the NFL will try to sue them over some sort of copy-right enfringement....

There were over 200,000 people in the French Quarter after the game. The bars and restaurants have made extra orders for everything to keep the crowds happy and their money flowing.

And Mardi Gras is still 6 days away!

I'll add more when I come across them if anyone is interested.

Hilts likes this.
  7. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I think that Mardi Gras coinciding with the Supowerbowl (it officially kicked off that saturday night I believe) greatly helps with the massive amounts of people being there. I can only imagine how CRAZY N.O. is right now though, with all those people and even more reasons to drink!

8. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

The Mardi Gras season actually begins on the night of January 6th, which is called "The Twelth Night" (12 nights after Christmas). Krewes and clubs have their coronation balls, individual floats have their float parties and such as that. The first parade in New Orleans is near that time. The krewe of the "Phorty Phunney Phellows" charter a trolley and roll up and down Canal Street, down the river and up and down St. Charles Street over to Carrolton. They cram a brass band, tons of beer and food in there, and throw beads out to people along the line. The traditional parades don't start for several more weeks, and then it is just a few at a time, and the closer to Mardi Gras it gets, the more parades roll.

New Orleans is a crazy place anyway. It is INSANE now!

brndirt1 likes this.
  9. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

I'll bet that last line is the TRUTH! I cannot imagine it being any more insane than a "Fat Tuesday" celebration, but I sure wish I could be there!

10. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

It's a wonderful place to be Clint, that's for sure. I've worked the Mardi Gras Detail in uniform and plainclothes many years, and been there off-duty as part of the problem, and let me tell you there is never a wasted minute, dollar, or gulped beer while there....

11. Hilts

Hilts Member

My family visited in 2000 & it wus heavin'...............my wife & I went back last summer and boy was it quiet............if this turns the corner for the The Big Easy......Whoo-Hoo...............!! :D

12. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

The summer is pretty much the off-season if there is one down there. I'm sure that you found it stiffling hot with humidity that would gag a maggot! Nothing that cold beer and fresh oysters could take care of you know. Good thing that the WW2 Museum is air-conditioned!

Hilts likes this.
  13. Hilts

Hilts Member

Did the WW2 museum & the 'Museum of the Confederacy' which wus much better I thought............but then I've always been a sucker for Scarlett O'Hara..............:D.saw the Saints nail the Bengals pre season............& met some fine Southern Folks............God Bless The South!!!

14. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

I was wondering why you were a Saints fan. Let me know next time you come down. I'll show you some places that tourist don't go....

Hilts likes this.
  15. Mussolini

:eek:

Raiders are looking to 'sell' Nnamdi Asomugha this offseason. Already talks of him restructuring to go play with the Jets (and join Revis Island). How SICK would that be? Two Shut-down Corners. The articles i've read on it are actually pretty funny, mentioning how the other AFC East teams (Pats, Bills, Fish) will not be able to throw and will have to resort to 1920's style football of just running the ball all game.

I must say, just the idea of Asomugha joining the Jets starts to make me drool - not even Peyton would be able to throw against them!

16. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

I'd like to take this time to thank the front office team in Denver....they have finally proved that living in high altitude during a stressful time completely debilitates your mind from making sound choices. Giving up your 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th round picks...for Tim Tebow? Really?

17. Mussolini

EPIC FAIL, Denver, EPIC FAIL! What are they trying to do - become the new Oakland Raiders?

18. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Tebow is a cry-baby anyway....

19. 107thcav

107thcav Member

What the hell has gone wrong with this football season? Seems like a lot of teems are taking some dives this year. Might be looking at some teams with 10 wins going to the playoffs. My Bengals have crashed and burned one disappointment after another. Every weapon available and still nothing. I was shocked green bay beat the jets also Pittsburgh loosing to the Saints. I think the Saints came back to send a message after losing to Cleveland. I hope the Colts win tonight.

20. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

My Ravens have a bye week... But boy am I excited for theyre next match!

Glad to see Bengals and Steelers lose (sorry 107thcav but theyre in my division... :D).