Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Night Fighter Forum

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Erich, Sep 28, 2001.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Gents :

As promised the URL for the Night Fighter Forum run by friend Greg Kopchuck
    http://disc.server.com/Indices/169401.html

It is brand new / say hi to Greg and post !

Besides German nachtjäger questions I would suppose posting about the RAF, US and Russian air activites at night would be most welcome.

Enjoy !
    :cool:

Erich

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

EB, just made my first posting so.........

Also, finally the Hartmann photocopies are back, now for me to just find where i put your address (again :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ) and I will have it and others out to you.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Thanks for posting on the forum. Martin Becker, though not doing too well had 57 victories to his credit. Werner Hoffmann ties Martin Drewes with 52, Heinz Rökker with 64, Paul Zorner with 59, a very Kühl guy !, and I think that is about it in that upper category. Greiner is alive with 50 and so is Jabs with 50 also.
    Ah so little time to write everyone....rats !

:cool:

E

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Tellllllllllllllllllllll me about it. I did hear that Jabs replies very quickly, so I think I will try to write him when I send my next letter to Martin....

Quite welcome, and I like the quickness of the posts there. He needs to advertise the site. He shoule get in touch with Otto, and eachother can link the others site. Or however that stuff works.

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Thanks for your responses on the NJG forum. Yes, Greg will I am positive contact Otto very soon. Just mentioned it on hyperscale.com so it will get some movement soon from the modelling community. Greg did post early yesterday on the 12 o'clock discussion board and I think that is where we say 3/4 new names. By the way Carl, the gent named Gordon is one of my partners on our nachtjäger buch.....

cheers und Biers !

:D E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thats cool, tell me more about it whjen you get the chance. Also, the photos should be there by Wednesday--let me know what you think of em?/

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Thanks man for the pics......I'll write you privately when they come in. Briefly, Gordon and I and another Italien researcher are doing a book(s) on the single engine German night fighters fighting the Mosquito bomber over the Reich. It starts with JG 300, then NJGr 10, and finally NJG 11. What is very kühl about this whole project is that we have been given full support by some of the remaining pilots of these fine fighter groups. We will end with New info on RK winner Kurt Welter and his kmdo 10./NJG 11 flying the Me 262 at night. A bit of very interesting new material that was not published in Classic Publications Me 262 volume 3 book. I suppose it will be another year anyway before our work is published. Still so much to research and collect all docs and photos, plus the editing and publisher to work through. We will have colored aircraft profiles as well to compliment the photos that we have included.

:D yf E

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

There you have done it, NOW im jealous. And I thought some of my photos were great ones, I can only begin to imagine what you and your friends have come up with---grrrrr. ;)

I look forward to hearing more on this project. Hopefully one of mine will get off the ground. I think I have enough material for about 90% to be done, im still lacking for GOOD Waffen SS photos.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Keep searching, and researching and most of all be very positive because it is really easy to get down in the dumps especially when one that you are interviewing passes away or things promised just don't show up. I've found that there is constantly ups and downs in this type of business, but be diligent, things will happen........

Prosit !

E :cool:

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

As a matter of fact, im working on a deal on getting a neat SS-Flandern photo before they left to fight, I will keep you informed.....

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl : Sweet ! Keep me posted on that, pretty kool.......

Just ordered 3 NJG aces pics from Sweden. Martin Becker, Heinz Hadeball and Hans Krause. Heinz has passed away and Martin looks like walking death......poor guy ! As for Hans, he was in NJG 4. He's not on the RK listing is he ?

;)

E

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Will do, and Hans isnt on the addresses list but, he might be on the RKT site. His name sounds familiar.......

Also, check the RKT updates, I have word of three more who have passed away. :( :( :( , one of which is a BoB RKT who was one of 27 to shoot down an airplane and was awarded that destruction strip...............

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

I'll check the RK site again. So sad to hear of all these guys passing away. I'm almost afraid to see who else maybe listed as passing before us......

:( E

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Telll me about it, and I fear that I have only hit the tip of the Iceberg :( :( :(

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Yeah, I just don't want to face reality over the next 10 years......

on another note, Carl would your German contact(s) know the passing of Heinz-Martin Hadeball formely of NJGr 10 ? I would like to use the info, even just the date for our book. I check the RK site and it wasn't a help though I may post on the forum.

E

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

That would be your fastest way of finding out what you need to know on the NJG RKT, Christian is away on vacation and I think will be gone for at least another week. I will email him and see if I get anything in the mean-time.

When I posted on the forum, I usually got replies from at least two people. I think one of them is named Juergen??

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Excellent I will post there in my worst English......no my best, what am I thinking ?? Ugh ! Too many things going on today.

dein freund

E

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, jezt say: HILFE, HILFE!! That always works. ;)