Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

NIU shooting leaves 6 dead

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Kai-Petri, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

2. Za Rodinu

Za Rodinu Aquila non capit muscas

Yup, welcome to the land where the right to arm bears prevails. :armedbear:

3. skunk works

skunk works Ace

What do you expect Za, he was a graduate in "Social Work". The invisible/non-tangible/touchy-feely/guilt-ridden/mental-spanking world of unsubstantiated make-believe, (how does that make you feel)(a "Shrink's" favorite line, so no words are required by him) with a unemployable phony smile and crocodile tears.

I feel sorrow for the innocent victims. :eek:

and anger towards foolish violence directed towards the innocent (by any method) as a means of release. :mad: (I wonder if Social Work taught him that?) :confused:

The pinnacle of PC education, and the end result of PC(ism) ? :eek:

incoming !

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I heard on the news today that there were five such shootings in the U.S in less than a week, is that true?

5. MManchester

MManchester Member

Unfortunately, yes. I believe there were 2 in separate High Schools in Memphis, TN alone if I remember correctly.

I feel sad and upset every time one of these tragedies happens, but for some reason yesterday when I heard about this one I actually felt physically sick. I don't know if it's just the number of times it's happened recently or what, but this one really got to me for some reason.

I work in emergency services so I deal with deaths, injuries, all of it on an almost daily basis (nothing to the extent of this however), so I don't feel as if I'm sheltered from it, but I have to wonder when it will ever end. :(

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Do I hear the word: "Covet" being something disguised in your posting?

Yep, but at least the govt does not have total control of the citizens unlike those from other unnamed countries. And unlike your govt, at least mine trusts me enough to be able to " Own and Bear Arms."

I have guns myself, but I do not go around threatening people. Shit-they mainly stay in the closet and only see the light of day when I take them out on occasion to oil them. Also, yes, I can brag a bit about my background being so clean that the FBI and some of the former bullshit gun laws that were put into place during "China bills" presidency) that when a background check is done on me and if I want to go out and purchase another handgun, that I can do so AND; take said handgun out instead of waiting for that stupid 10 day wait. Im sure that most folks on this site can do the same as I can when purchasing a new handgun.

Best regards from "the great armed camp" known worldwide as: The United States of America-and damned proud of it.

7. Za Rodinu

I have no quarrel with that, Carl, I myself would very much like to have my collection of operating firearms, no troble in admitting that.

But you are a decent, law abiding citizen with no criminal record. But can you likewise trust the creep who lives in some back alley with his Rotweilers and whose livelihood is in the drug business? Can you likewise trust the gangsta who does the occasional drive-by shoot and is never caught? But all of you have the same constitutional rights!

We may have restrictive laws, I myself went to the police station to get information on getting a firearm for myself, and the cop-in-charge just smiled and told me to forget it! Do I feel at serious personal risk? (judge, lawyer - especially those, do I have to carry large sums, do I own a jeweller's shop, is my home isolated?) No? Then forget it!

We have extremely LOW criminal statistics in this little corner of the world. If some crazy wanted to go on a rampage like that I would like to see how many people he would be able to kill with a nail-clipper! We have gunshot deaths (mostly suicides or family quarrels), we do, but I daresay shotguns using birdshot are not very efficient.

And we have identity cards, drivers licenses, taxpayer ID cards, social security cards, voter cards, etc. etc., and strangely we don't feel threatened or circumscribed at all :) If we don't like the government (we never do) the next time we vote for the other guy who is equally as bad!

It's all in the culture, my friend.

8. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

True my European friend, but has the population there ever been allowed to own hand guns or rifles to any significant degree? You would never get them all confiscated here.

You see things like this happening at colleges because the perps know the students there have been disarmed. You won't see something like this happening at, say, a rodeo. He fires one time and gets a hundred in return fire and that is just in the first volley. Kinda takes the fun out of it for him.

9. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Teenagers need to be shown the light.. theres more to shooting others in life.

Read a book.

10. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

A terrible ersatz of Capone's Valentine's Day Massacre of Feb 14th 1929...

11. Za Rodinu

Maybe, Jeff, but the probability of having families grieve over incidents of this kind is Zilch, Zero, Niente, Nada.

Yours is a violent society, mine isn't. And that's it. No shootings, no bank robberys, the only violent outburst will be the occasional drunken knifefight, and those will be kitchen knives. The police do a fine job chasing goons from the streets.

When there are firearms involved those will be at most sawn off hunting shotguns, and you'll have trouble finding bigger than rabbit shot in the market.

Quite frankly I feel much safer over here where there are simply NO guns on the population at large, than I will in Brasil when I go visit in a month. As for suicide (low, low, low), the usual methods are self-poisoning and the rope, firearms (again shotgun) come far lower inthe statistics.

So keep your guns and be very happy with them, I will keep feeling quite content in living in a country where the biggest risks for my age group are dying of a car accident or a heart attack, not gunshot.

And we don't need to defend ourselves from a tyrannical state here as some of your fringes usually argue - as if the police wouldn't be able to bring in much stronger firepower against. Over here we use to vote every four years and that's the end of tiranny. Well-regulated militia? We have our armed forces and the police, they represent quite well the wishes of the general law-abiding population.

And/or get a girlfriend. Works wonders.

12. skunk works

skunk works Ace

Gun Control again ?

These cowards do their violence against children, who are unarmed in schools & churches.

As Slip says, try that at a Rodeo, NASCAR event, or WWF "Smackdown", he'd succumb to lead poisoning before he hit the ground.

Gun Control with open "Borders" :confused: Disarm the "on the radar" citizens, so the illegal "off the radar" invaders will be the only ones with guns :confused:.

Sigmund Freud vood zay, "Ze vorst case ov "Pistol Envy" I've ever zeen !"

13. Za Rodinu

Holy sheet, those WASPs whos attend to those events must be afraid, very afraid of something to carry all that firepower with themselves! :D

Or is it misplaced testosterone? At least I know where mine is employed :p

14. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

OK guys, I can't speak for anyone but myself. 4 years ago I woke up to a strange noise in my house. I lived alone with no pets so I instantly knew something was going on. I went downstairs to find a theif in my house. I still have nightmares of the event and is a large reason for my insomnia. I never shot, but thank god I had my own guns. The kid is spending 5 years in prison. I found out after that he was armed. I like to veiw myself as a good person. I know to never point a weapon at anything I don't intend to KILL. Circumstances put me in that situation, but it was education about firearms that prevented me from shooting. It's not the guns that are the problem, but the people who who have their fingers on the trigger. IMO police spend too much time on the highways catching speeders and J-walkers than they are stopping real criminals.

What happens to me in this circumstance if I didn't own guns? If I'm told I have to wait a week or two to purchase a new one, so be it. As long as I still have a right to own one!

15. Za Rodinu

Look, Mike, I have nothing against decent, law-abiding citizens like you and me and a limited number of members of this forum keeping firearms for self-defence or for the simple 'ell of it.

What worries me is about the 'disloyal opposition', and remember the creep burgling your house was armed too. The problem for me is how to allow qualified good citizens while controlling low lifes.

16. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

What's the latest news ? I heard the weirdo freaked out because he was dumped by a Valentine?

17. Hawkerace

Hawkerace Member

Perhaps girls aren't always the solution.

18. Za Rodinu

It could be much worse if he was dumped by a Churchill !

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Miguel, I don't have a problem of what is said and will reciprocate in kind in saying that I can see you are a Law-abiding Gentleman as well. My frustration comes from the drum being beat into the ground about shootings over hear. I hear about them happening in a few European countries from time to time.

The only thing I can say about having gun laws-is that the laws no matter how strict they are and can be-will still not solve anything. Main reason in being, is that if a person wants to do so, they can easily buy an illegal gun off the streest for pennies on the dollar. Then the sad sicko will still go do what he/she (it) was going to do in the first place. Cases in point are: that prick who murdered five women in a clothing store, cho (the bastard who murdered 33 people at the university IT attended. Now we have this shotgun-wielding jackass who killed those 5-6 a few days ago. No amount of gun control, is going to stop pissheads like these from murdering innocent people.

Our world is a sick one, and is only going to get sicker still, and none of the politicians are doing anything about it. No matter what country they are supposedly serving in-they are only doing things that will in one way or another-fill their greedy pockets full of wealth while shafting you and I; in the process. My friend, as you can tell, I really do not like politicians at all and trust most of them even less. All I can say on that is: God bless and I sure do miss Ronald Reagan. I think he was the last of the politicians with class ;-))

I can't say that I know what your going though on trying to attain a weapon for yourself and do feel sorry for the decent folks who live in Europe, that cannot get one-or easily and legally get a weapon if they want one. If my Brother living in another city passes away, I get that gun collection which includes a sporterized Enfield, two 50 cal Elephant guns (Long Toms) a Greener SHotgun, an 1894 (original production and not model) Winchester repeating rifle, and a few other long guns-not that im trying to brag ;-)).

That gansta drive-by shooting crap is all done by stupid cowards. They are NOT men, they are little Imps, whose Fathers should have raised them to be decent law-abiding individuals. Those who are in prisons and various jails-put themselves in there-not people lie us. Those gangsta freaks are nothing but a low form of scum. They are nothing but gum under our shoes-and they placed themselves there because they are lazy and do not want to work in order to make money--unlike all of us on this site. Instead--they only want to steal what you and I, worked so many long hard hours; in order to get what we got.

I don't know what the stats are for criminals in various parts of the world and admit the figures are very high here. In the end, they all knew exactly what they were doing and that they were doing the wrong thing-so when caught; they are tossed into prison-where they should be.

We have many of the same cards as you have. I have Drivers Licence, Social Security Card, Medical Insurance card, Library Card, I.D. Card for riding local buses when I want to, and card sfor other things too. Heck, I even have a mini birth certificate I carry around in my wallet ;-)) I don't feel threatened by the govt because of these cards--but what I do feel threatened by, is all of those F@#$%^g camerass that are on almost every corner in my area. They are at traffic lights, side streets, on stretches of highways and interstates. I see no useage for these whatsoever-except for someoen to be spying on me-when I do not deserve it.

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Well said, and funny you should mention that. Here in CC, TX, there are way too many teens who are doing nothing and have all the time on their habds. Right now, we are having what amounts to an epidemic, of teens who are going around and ""tagging"' other peoples property-and not givinga crap about how much damage they do or to whom. What rips my ass raw is, is that these little bastards are vandalizing Churches and War Memorials too.

The posting below this posting was the one I meant to quote but, I do agree with both of them.