Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Notes for quiz section (Updated #1)

Discussion in 'The Tanks in World War 2 quiz section' started by diablo phpbb3, Aug 10, 2004.

1. diablo phpbb3

diablo phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    These are the updated guildlines, for i made the last guildlines 2 years ago. Thank You Role for reminding me of some other, I hope you dont mind if I add them.

Anyways....

) All topics must be quizes or related/similiar. Any topics that have no relation will be locked up.

)All topics must be appropriate and contain as little maturity level as possible (A thin line between too mature and too...whats the word... "too protective".)

)Do not abuse other forum members on this forum.

)If someone posts something that is of off-topic, do not post on that topic notifying them of their mistake. I will delete/lock the topic and notify the person of it.

)Quizzes/riddles/tests can have different topics that do not relate to WWII, AS long as it is an appropriate topic.

) The member who gets the right answer to a quiz in a continuous thread, gets to ask the next question.

) No Googling allowed unless the quiz maker specifies otherwise.

) Don't interrupt unanswered quizzes with new ones, it will make previous questions be forgotten.

If someone has abused on this forum, notify me or crazypit of it.

So go get on quiz cracking :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And do not forget to check out the Forum Rules, thank you!

From,
    Diablo

2. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    post subject

the last posting from "diablo" was the one above, has "diablo" left this forum? (with not even a good-bye, )a founder member it seems.
    If so, who is moderator now?
    if you are still around "diablo" why no postings?

3. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Diablo was indeed one of the oldest forum members and he has been around as long as I can remember. However, lately he hasn't. It could be that he feels this forum has gotten too professional for him; in the early days it was much more a bunch of amateurs adding to each other's incomplete pictures to the best of their abilites, but now you can get real and decisive information in no time.

No new moderator has been assigned for this section since he does pop up every now and then, admittedly the last time was a long while ago.

4. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Some other guidelines for this section.

Note: these aren't exactly rules, more like things the regular members have grown accustomed to when making quizzes here. Please just read through them so that you know how it's done.

1) The member who gets the right answer to a quiz in a continuous thread, gets to ask the next question.

2) No Googling allowed unless the quiz maker specifies otherwise.

3) Don't interrupt unanswered quizzes with new ones, it will make previous questions be forgotten.

5. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Hey I have a question. How come diablo is a four star general, when he has only made three hundred and eighty eight posts? I thought you had to have made 7000 - 8499 posts before you could reach that rank. I'm puzzled. :-?

6. Ricky

Ricky New Member

via TanksinWW2
    He is a Moderator - All moderators have that rank to distinguish them from ordinary members. And all Admin have the same rank as I do, for the same reason.

7. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    I see. Thanks.

8. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    post subject

There you are Commando, another lesson from the 'School of Life' and the 'University of Hard Knocks',
    it's not 'What you Know' it's 'Who you Know'. :roll:

9. Commando

Commando recruit

via TanksinWW2
    Please explain?

10. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    post subject

Quite simply, you don't have to know everything or be a Genius to be a Field Marshal, but it does help to have connections in the right places.
    Even more simply, if someone decides in their wisdom to make you a Moderator/Admin of the Junior Section you will instantly become a 'Four Star General'. :roll: