Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Now I can REALLY see, whats so addicting about collecting multiples of certain awards.

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by C.Evans, Oct 22, 2009.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks to two Gents here, though it doesn't sound like much but, thanks to these two-i've increased my collection of Silver and Bronze IABs to double what it was as of about Feb this year. I have a """"""""huge"""""""" collection of these badges of 12 examples with two of these being stickpins.

On recieving four more of these great-looking badges in the mail yesterday, I decided to dig out the others and just have a simple display of these on my computer desk. 4 of these are Bronze and the rest are silver.

Now I can see why good folks like Fischer, Stewy and John, like collecting as many multiples of these awards as possible ;-)) The only other award I collect that I have more of than these-is my EK collection.

2. Mr. S

Mr. S Member

Hi Carl mate, I am closing in fast on your twelve!:D

regards John

3. luketdrifter

luketdrifter Ace

Carl I have some questions about your obvious skills in finding (and acquiring) your collection. If you have time one of these days, shoot me a PM.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi John, Luke,

John, "the heat is on" eh? ;-)) You have me beat in the other areas though, GABS, PABs-my collections of those are a mere two each :-(

Luke, certainly ;-)) PM sent soon as I post here.

Best regards--Carl.

5. stewy

stewy Member

Glad you liked them Carl,i heard they were heading your way;). Just remember the more variants you get,the tougher the rest are to find:rolleyes:. Quite the opposite of "narrowing the odds". They get lengthened:(.Stewy

6. tfer13

tfer13 Member

Hey Carl,
    Sounds like a great display. How about a look. Any Pics?

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Cheers Syewy, Ted,

Stewy, for sure im addicted to these things-darn it-there goes the money I was saving to buy another Car with ;-))

Hi Ted, I wish I could, but I don't have a camera to take any pics unless I can get my brother to do it-then I only know how to send the pics along with an email-I finally learned how to attach pics to emails ;-)) If I can get him to come over sometime soon? ill ask him to take a pic of all of them to show off here. Also, I hope the job isn't keeping ou too busy? unless it's for the good.

Take care Ted, Stewy--C.