Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obama-Nation

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Wolfy, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I liked one aspect of the report "some were in the water".

LOLOLOLOL.

2. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

As long as no one in here thinks he's anti-Christ or part of some conspiracy! lol

3. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

haha. That was my favorite part as well Jeff. I say since they weren't imediatly found, they either a) can not swim, b) are being weighted down by some lead from there own weapons, or c) both

4. Richard

Richard Expert

On TalkSport radio Sunday or Monday night they had a woman from some American church who claimed Obama is the devil and gave all kinds of reasons. :eek:

Just came to me, she has a website called, God hates fags. Never seen it and I don't want to.

Fags as in the U.S version of the meaning of the word. Just for the benefit of the rest of my fellow Brits as we have a different meaning of the word.

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Well said. Glad you got around to explaining it to Stefan before I could-comp troubles stopped from from doing so.

Stefan, I sure do HOPE that you do not look at che as somekind of a hero? If so--whos is next? Uncle Joe Steel itself? Come on -and we were just beginning to agree with each other on a few things. ;-))

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The answer to the immediate above question has ALREADY been answered. Jethrobama Bodine has already been sucking up to the Iranians. I'd almost bet that the Syrians and Palestinians are next.

7. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

He was fighting against corrupt regiemes put in place by the US that subjugated thousands and brought them close to slavery. He was no angel but in that at least his cause was just. Moreover if you read his writings you quickly see that he at least believed that what he was doing was to the betterment of the people. He was no angel, no hero, but in many ways he was a great man.

8. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

I will not be an apologist for Che Guevara or communism, but I believe Stefan is on to something. In the 1950's and 1960's, the US supported some very corrupt, right wing dictatorships in Latin America under the guise of "fighting communism". In many cases, these fascist type dictatorships enriched themselves at the expense of the poor, who made up the bulk of the countries. Guevara, in his travels through the region, was astounded by the poverty and the extreme wealth generated by companies, such as United Fruit, that had the backing of the US. I believe that Guevara came by his radicalism honestly, although I don't support his contention that the only response was armed, world-wide revolution. To compare his radical views with thugs who break windows is unfair. While there is no comparison when it comes to methods and I'm not comparing him to the American founders, remember that the American revolutionaries were derided in much of Europe as backwoods radicals with no right to overthrow a legitimate regime.

C.Evans likes this.
  9. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

The regimes that the US supported were no more corrupt than the Left-leaning regimes they replaced, and they at least supported us in keeping communism out of the western hemisphere. Nor were they any more corrupt or brutal than the communist systems that Che was fighting to establish.

Che's cause was just? Bullsh1t! He was fighting to achieve power for himself and his fellow travelers. He murdered people he disagreed with just as frequently as other communists. That makes him a bloody-minded, homicidal asshole. Great men do not do the things Che did.

C.Evans likes this.
  10. Devilsadvocate

Devilsadvocate Ace

Bull Crap!

What's the difference between breaking the windows of people you don't like and killing the people you don't like?

If I have to choose, I'd say breaking windows is a much better way of expressing your disagreement with somebody, than Che's chosen method of murdering people.

I'm amazed at the number of apologists on this board for a murdering authoritarian thug.

11. brndirt1

brndirt1 Saddle Tramp

please, at least understand "WHO" worked the deed, US Merchant Marine commercial sailors. The USN's closest ship was hundreds of miles away (USS Bainbridge), could and was not able to respond in time.

Of course the President was informed, he kept close track of what was going on and directed the Bainbridge to make all possible speed to the site. She has not (as of last report) made the scene. While on route the unarmed USMM overpowered the pirates, but only after their captain had surrendered himself as a hostage.

The major problem it appears now is that Captain Phillips remains in a "hostage" situation.

See:

After a lull, Somali pirates find an American ship, and a fight on their hands -- Newsday.com

and:

Crew retakes US ship from Somali pirates - Yahoo! News

It is encouraging to see any crew "fight back" against these pirates, but why are only fire-hoses aboard in these waters? Why no "right" to repell boarders with lethal force? Why now is there no "right" to fire upon fast speed boats approaching the cumbersome freight carriers? That right seems to have evaporated in the twentieth century as an un-needed option. Looks like it is a good plan to put it back into force!

Ah well, I hope this works out, but am amazed that the pirates even took on an American flagged ship. One of only about 200 anymore, American sailors generally serve on foreign flagged ships anymore due to insurance costs and such. Apparently the relief supplies being transported had to sail under and American flag for some International law. Don't ask me.

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

True he was fighting a corrupt regieme but, he went about it the wrong way and instead of being a hero-he turned out to be scumbag instead. He is as what the ql gueda and fedaydeen (SP?) and those terrorist groups just like them-are.

His "Brother terrorist" fidel "Fido" castro-is one from the exact same mold.

Name me a few examples of ches so-called "greatness." I will bet I can shoot holes through them with ease.

Best regards-C.

13. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Well said Sir Lou ;-)) Were still on an agreeing trend ;-))

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

DA, well said also and agree with you as well as Lou. I wish that rep points were not the only way to say thanks for it.

15. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Carl, I appreciate your comments. I try to see both sides of this issue, and I think there is a difference between those who fight for a cause and those who destroy property for the hell of it. That's not to say that every wacko who feels wronged should become a revolutionary. I just think that, in Guevara's case, he truly believed in trying to alleviate the suffering he saw. I don't agree with his method, but I admire his thinking.

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Lou-the same here. I try seeing the opposing sides PoV, but it grates on my nerves sometimes-when the other side does not want to attempt to see both sides of the PoV. ;-))

And I completely agree again to your post above. ;-))

17. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Great thread...Obama, Bush, Nixon, did I see Regan too somewhere? The queen..all stand..Henry the fifth, Henry the Eighth, Joe Stalin, The anti Christ, Che himself...What no pinochet? Did anyone mention Adolf...No, but the Nazis are represented on the last page. Thank goodness for that.

What about Mugabe....We havent done him yet....Oh and that other devil inarntate...Steffan...Ive seen him mentioned too.

Great thread....Oh and chips.

18. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

They were however largely enjoying more support from the people and putting money back into their own nations rather than helping fund the US. To paraphrase, 'they may have been bastards, but they were their bastards.'

Not true, the man never really enjoyed much power, when he found himself in government he rapidly moved off to somewhere else. He wasn't out for personal gain, that much is clear.

George Washington kept slaves. Winston Churchill was deeply involved in turning the army on striking miners and forming the 'black and tans.' Great men quite often do fairly reprehensible things. As for killing people who disagreed with him, that was US foreign policy at the time!

Actually read some of his pre-revolutionary stuff, he saw injustice, he saw people suffering needlessly and he came to see a lot of this as a result of the US-sponsored dictatorships. He saw Communism as a way of fighting this, right or wrong. As I said, he isn't necessarily a hero, but I can see why to many he is.

By 'the wrong way' you mean 'a way that the US didn't like,' what pray is the right way to fight a dictator put in place by the CIA?

As for Al Queda and the Fedayeen, well they were CIA sponsored for quite a while, what would have been the right way of fighting them?

19. Richard

Richard Expert

I just wonder for how much longer as you know who popped in, you know the little guy with big power. :pzp:

Seems to be off topic again after the warning, quick get back on topic before. :pP_grenate1:

20. Richard

Richard Expert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.