Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obama-Nation

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Wolfy, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

What was this thread about again? But aren't we having fun? :D

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, Maggie Thatcher :lol: :lol: and yes, im aware that im a wiseasp ;-))

Time to watch the news so we can dig up more dirt on OLDD-aside fom his Acorn scandal.

3. J.A. Costigan

J.A. Costigan Member

I don't agree with him on everything, but he's impressed thus far by what seems to be a sincere attempt to govern inclusivly from the center. I'm optomistic but reserving my judgment. He's the first President of my adult life so it's both exciting and worrying (then again isn't it for all of us.)

4. Richard

Richard Expert

Here's the great women herself...

[​IMG]

Maggie beats that pea brain Brown hands down.

[​IMG]

"Mess with me and I will kick your butt." ;)

5. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

aaghhh....I dont expect this with my tea and biccies before bed Richard....for goodness sakes mate...next we will be having Edwina at breakfast....My names not John Major and I dont want it with my weetablix thank you very much.

6. Richard

Richard Expert

Fancy a nice boiled egg? :rofl:

urqh likes this.
  7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

No offense but, the above worries me because of the fact that most or the most of the teachers you might have had--were all liberals-which is why younger Americans for the most part, are nothing but Lemmings. Shall I point the way to the cliff?

Best regards--C

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, sorry bout that, I didn't realize it's bettime over across the pond and didn't mean for your Royal Blood-to run hot before Morphia accepts you ;-)) Damn those Colonialists ;-))

9. Richard

Richard Expert

That's alright Carl. :D

I think poor urqh will be checking in for some psychiatric help, Oops. :rolleyes:

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

and dang it all she is a red head to boot, Reds kick A**

don't mess with us or pay the dues............Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ....... ~

ok back to our regularly scheduled programming

11. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Jeez , now I'm really lost , space ships, lemmings and Maggie , on which planet am I ?

Le me make it short. Does this summerize your thought Carl?

[​IMG]

12. chocapic

chocapic Member

I hear he's gonna close the Guantanamo Beach Resort.

Well, since the Supreme Court ruled that people could not be held there forever without judicial control, nor fair trial, this place was useless :D

13. J.A. Costigan

J.A. Costigan Member

That is a genuine statment and is definantly true and I try to be as concious about bias around me as I can. I don't consider myself to be completley infested with Obamamania, I am just being optimstic. It's way to early to judge.

It's funny because in school I've been called a "right wing nutjob" on 3 occasions for not wanting to socilize everything and ban guns when we discuss things.

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I feel sorry for you guys over there. Care to live over here for at least 6 months of the year? ;-))

15. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Heh heh, Jawohl mein Herr-it sure does ;-)) As soon as im allowed to your gettin another :salute: from me for this ;-D

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I'm glad to "see" that you are one of the few younger folks not ruined by left WINGnuts such as ward churchill-who should be drawn and quartered. You gave me a bit of hope for the future-nicely said.

17. Richard

Richard Expert

Will Obama pay? If so, I'm sure us lot here in the UK will be over to America faster than a fart out of a cows backside. :D :D :D

18. Richard

Richard Expert

I see Mr Obama was pressing all the right buttons in his speech today. Now will he live up to that speech? :rolleyes:

19. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Shhhh, better watch out what you may suggest-the Govt IS listening---------that is--listening for any new ideas on where to spend billion of $$$s at ;-)) But I wouldn't mind that so much especially if it paid the way here for Mates like you, Paul, Gordon, Urgh and others ;-))

20. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Here he goes again. Unfortunately, we should be asking the president to explain why exactly he announced, with great fanfare, new ethics rules if he had no intention of abiding by them.

The Obama administration is yet again asking for a waiver to its very own rules about hiring lobbyists. This time, it is the new treasury secretary, Tim Geithner. He wants a former lobbyist for Goldman Sachs to be his top aide at the Treasury Department.

My view is simple: Mr. President, if you want to hire former lobbyists because you think they are the best people to do the job, then hire former lobbyists. Just don't hold a big news conference first to tell us how your administration is going to be so different from previous administrations in that you won't be hiring lobbyists.

Don't make your disdain for lobbyists and your pledges that they won't wield influence in your administration a centerpiece of your campaign. It's the hypocrisy and the double-talk that makes so many of us so cynical. Do what you think is best for the country. Just be straight with us about how you're going to do it.

C.Evans likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.