Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Obama-Nation

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Wolfy, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Hi texson. Have you taken a look at the budget? 1.5 Trillion of that amount is going towards two things. 1) Another 800 Billion for Bank bailouts the banks have not asked for, and 2) 750 billion towards the next 8 years ( I think they said 8 years) of Nationalized health care. There is not a National health system yet in place, but already BO is cutting back on HMO plans. Once again, we are leaving the elderly to fend for themselves.

C.Evans likes this.
  2. texson66

texson66 Ace

Mike,

Giving money to organizations that dont ask for it is like drug dealers giving free samples....they want to hook them to be dependent on the Federal dole.

How can any congress critter look at themselves in the mirror and feel good about becoming a rubber stamp congress? I wonder if there is one out of the 535 who read even half of the bloated "emergency" bill? Remember no earmarks pledge by BO..there are only 8000 of them in this bill.

Families are supposed to take care of their own. Or their church/temple and charitable organizations can certainly help them.

Suddenly in the last 50 years everyone wants their mommy (the Feds) to take care of them.

How did the elderly ever survive before? They saved for their future, didn't buy with credit cards, had help from their kids,and had enough self esteem to make do.

Unfortunately, if the national health plan is forced on us all, there will immediately be health care rationing..the feds get to decide who gets treated and who doesnt ....just remember the federal government couldn't run a whore house with a liquor license in Nevada and turn a profit, I dont expect any difference in their performance level for health care either...you'll get screwed but certainly wont enjoy it!

"Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition." --Thomas Jefferson

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

What I love is all these bailout companies have already burned through the -XXX- Billion Dollars they were given and are already asking for another $30 Billion dollars of Aid. Perhaps its time to change who is charge of these companies, limit how they are allowed to spend the money, and get things back on track for once!

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I know that all too well. I had an HMO plan and one I was very comfortable with and though I paid $95 bucks a month for it-I was still very happy with such a plan-even if I had less options. Now, I have a PPO-which I don't like-and the cost for it is another $45 bucks tacked onto my reg insurance costs-per month-which im finding is VERY hard to afford.

5. dusky

dusky Member

His industry (pins, lapels, shirts, etc.) made 366 Million. But I still disagree with his spending, don't get me wrong...

However, to the first post:
    I don't know if you wrote that, but every state has the "Legal right" to succeed. No one does, because they'll either be invaded like South Carolina was when they disobeyed the Federal Government (see Nullification Crisis Link) or they just won't be able to survive...

The state government can do whatever they want in terms of if all of the legislation is for it... But Andrew Jackson established that states had to do what the Federal Goverment willed no matter what (Nullification Crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

6. dusky

dusky Member

Their promise:
    Banks Promise They Won't Use Bailout Money For Pay

Their betrayals:
    Following Bailout Money To Tax Havens - CBS News

Where'd the bailout money go? Shhhh, it's a secret: Financial News - Yahoo! Finance

7. Richard

Richard Expert

Slight side step folks but Jim Rogers dose speak of Obama. Is Jim Rogers a man to take seriously or a crank?

8. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

well it is insane bailing everyone out, several unheard of's. where is the money coming from...............being printed as we speak on this forum possibly ? Really do not see this as being a point in getting the local American economy back on it's feet with people getting back to their jobs

9. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

10. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

pay for it ? why not free ??? I'll take one please.........

11. SwitchFX

SwitchFX Member

Ironically I had a pleasant argument with a young gentleman over at another forum for the past few days regarding BO's eligibility to hold office. While this young man was a Republican and fairly hard nosed, he missed major points of the lawsuits dwelling from all this.

According to the lawsuits brought up, it states that until BO's birth can be verified, the VP would have to stand in. I compare Biden's intelligence and wit to that of Palin's. Bad situation.

12. texson66

texson66 Ace

Here's a little viewpoint on how Barry is making out in his first real job......

Townhall.com - Printer Friendly

(BTW, the DVDs won't work in British DVD players either!)

13. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Interesting reading but I have not heard of most of the points. Are these true? If so, we are in for a long ride.

14. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

I wonder if the pen holder made from HMS President is the same ship as the USS President captured in the War of 1812?

15. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

What an idiot Osama is. He says we are losing the war in Afghanistan and thinks that talking to the Taliban will bring about peace. Osama said some military leaders believe part of the success in Iraq has come from reaching out to Sunni militants there. Regarding the Taliban in Afghanistan, Osama said that while the situation is much more complex than in Iraq, There may be some comparable opportunities in Afghanistan and Pakistan. If you keep saying the Taliban are winning, what incentive is there now for individuals who are fighting against us to come over to us?

And this is the 'one' who is to fix our ecomomy?

[​IMG]

C.Evans and texson66 like this.
  16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ha ha, everything about your post above mine is--well Classical. ;-)) I hope Richard sees this pic and place it in his Political thread.

17. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

I knew you would like it

18. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I :salute: you Sir ;-))

19. texson66

texson66 Ace

TWO QUOTES:
    ONE PITIFUL, ONE GOOD
    'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world.
    I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.'
    -- Barack Obama
    [​IMG]
    ''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne
    [​IMG]

20. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Im all too well acquainted with John Waynes BRILLIENT quote-acquainted meaning I have known of it for years and have used it here and at Duke Wayne a few times in the past ;-))

obama-lama-ding-dong is a fragging JOKE---and a sick joke at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.