Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Ode to Shrillary

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Poppy, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

My views on honest hillary and her faithful husband should not have been expressed in the manner i chose.
    I apologize to anyone i may have offended.
    Would like to thank MrG for his gentle nudge- always the gentleman.

-edited

ColHessler likes this.
  2. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Poppy, everyone is entitled to their political views but I personally object to calling any woman a female dog regardless of whom they are. The few women on this form are all bright, strong women and certainly do not need me to defend this honor but in the spirit of trying to keep our present few and attracting more I wish the existing members would give some thought to tempering their use of words. I do not care for political correctness in the least but I do care for common courtesy which is quite different.

Gaines

Biak, McCabe and LRusso216 like this.
  3. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

And that is why they call Poppy "The Bard of Alberta." It's true that he thinks Iambic Pentameter is a Greek soccer player, but he still manages to write verse that is musical in its flow, like the sweet, steady rippling rivers of his prairie homeland. Prose that strikes the heart like summer lightning. Metaphors that dredge up emotions long untapped, flowing up like sweet maple syrup from the depths of your soul.

No, he will never sell out to the big publishers for something as mundane as money, but his work can be found written with a Sharpie in public restroom stalls across western Canada. The toughest truck drivers in North America have been known to exit those stalls weeping with joy or memories of love lost, the verse locked into their heart to give them solace on their lonely journeys.

Magical.

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Pong.

Attached Files:

5. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

6. OpanaPointer

Yeah, but that's all the GOP can come up with, so you're stuck with him.

7. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Keith, Poppy is like an email brother to me. If I am missing off the forum for a few weeks which sometimes I am, getting slower at work, and I do not like either candidate of the big parties, He certainly has a unique way with words and looking at life. I am hardly a do gooder and to say I was self righteous or pious would cause roars of laughter from my close friends. Calling anyone or groups base or degrading words devalues them in society's eyes and my area is awash in women and child abuse. It is ridiculous to say one word here would cause that, but it is the mass use of derogatory words that causes harm. It is the common place use of such that bothers this old man Though it would appear ludicrous today I( weas taught to open doors for women, help them be seated, even walk on the outside of the side walk to shield them from being splashed !!! My tough minded civil engineer daughter would kick me in the shin for such ! :) And I would not have it any other way. .

All I want at this p[int in life is for people to be courteous and polite to each other but I know that is highly unlikely. I will have nothing more to say on this subject.

Gaines

8. formerjughead

That was actually not directed at Trump

A-58 likes this.
  9. OpanaPointer

You mean it WASN'T directed at Trump. It is now.

10. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I understand professor, but I find it hard to accord Hillary the same courtesy that other women or men are entitled to. I can forget the Rose Law Firm and the prison sentences her partners (that weren't married to the Governor) got. Forget the Whitewater real estate scam. Even forget the emails of classified documents on an unsecured server that would have landed anybody else in prison.

What I will never forget is that she used her position as secretary of state to solicit close to 100 million in bribes to approve arms, uranium and other doubtful deals with foreign nations. That's corruption and treason at the highest level.

Calling her a bitch seems a rather soft rebuke for a woman like that.

We'll just have to respectfully disagree on this one issue.

Keith

Poppy likes this.
  11. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGD8gJt7weU

ColHessler likes this.
  12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

On reflection-
    I also am for womens rights and equality.
    It baffles me that hillary should have the womens vote while knowing and suppressing bills extra ordinary proclivity to seduce / rape women, then pretend like they have an ordinary marriage.
    That she should accept donations from KSA- a country that is notorious for its treatment of women and gays, yet still champion lgbt and the power of women, has to be addressed.
    i look forward to the debate betwixt trump and clinton.

McCabe likes this.
  13. formerjughead

Not really...it was directed more at the person who started this thread. I have yet to understand what compels people to comment on the political goings on in the US when they don't live here.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  14. OpanaPointer

Ach! Alles klar, ja!

15. Ken The Kanuck

Ken The Kanuck Member

I can understand your feelings as so often we in Canada are commented upon by those of other nations, the USA in particular with their Hollywood Do-Gooder and political types slamming us for killing seals, the Great Bear Rain Forest hunting, the Tar Sands, etc. Mind you often the common man has something to say about things that will affect him negatively.

KTK

16. OpanaPointer

I have a friend in Yellow Knife that killed a moose with an axe one time when I was visiting him.

"Didn't like him!"

I don't argue politics with him.

17. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

Oh, come on! This is a site with an international membership. We comment on each others politics all the time. AND, this is "the stump" where anything goes. I made snide comments about Trudeau being an offspring of one of the Rolling Stones (if you're not familiar with that long-ago scandal, google it) and no Canadians insulted me for it.

Lighten up!

Otto likes this.
  18. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Of course not. Being good Canadians, we promptly apologized for having such a disgrace of a PM!

Otto likes this.
  19. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

And rightly so!

20. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I very much agree with the international comments on domestic politics. I'm a Canadian in the US with an American wife and son. Where would such restrictions place me?

I welcome politicking from any source, it helps me understand the perspectives of others.

Where would we be without the outright skewering of both the Clintons by a Brit like Christopher Hitchens?