Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Office of the Historian

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Smiley 2.0, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

When I was taking a class on the Arab Israeli Conflict during the Spring semester last year, our main assignment was a research paper on a topic of our choosing but related to the Arab Israeli Conflict. As I was doing my research for my topic, my professor suggested to me a source called the Office of the Historian. It's an office within the State Department that prepares and publishes historical documents related to American foreign policy. Since then, it has been an essential source of information for me when I am working on papers. I'm currently writing a paper on the Munich Crisis for a study abroad class that I took this summer in the Czech Republic and the Office of the Historian has been an essential source of information for my paper. I highly recommend this for anyone doing historical research. I hope this doesn't sound too much like an "advertisement" but it's just been so helpful to me and during the course of research for my current paper, it has provided enlightening and often amusing aspects of the crisis.
    Office of the Historian

I have been gone for a long time and I do apologize for that. I have gone through numerous ups and downs since I was last on here. I'm about to start my senior year at Western Kentucky, but with my teacher education I will probably be going an extra year. I did recently study abroad in the Czech Republic and I hope to share more of that when I get the time. I will say we saw A LOT of history and I was 'geeking out' almost the entire time.

Cheers, :)
    Dave

2. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Glad to hear of your success Dave. Keep plugging away.

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Nice to hear from you, Dave. Sounds as though you've been busy. The Office of the Historian sounds like a real find. Your education is coming along nicely. It will all be worth it in the end.

4. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

5. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Looks like a great resource, Dave. Thanks for sharing it.