Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I know that the UK has "I'm a celebrity get me out of here!" and they film in Australia...The Australian version usually films in Africa...the premis is that celebrities get taken to a camp out in the bush...eat bugger all except the food challenges where they have to eat bull testicles, brains, eyes and so on...on top of that is weird challenges...the winner gets a decent meal at night...the losers get a hand full of rice and beans...the show is trying to make these celebrities lose their sh#t for fun and ratings...I like the show.
    A couple of nights ago on the Australian version Toni Pearen got more than she bargained for...Lifted into a box of snakes she had to turn a wheel with her chin in order to lower herself out of the box...the pythons within took umbridge and bit her face five times! The little champ didn't throw the competition but took the bites to keep herself in the competition...
    Luckily, I have footage!
    I’m A Celeb viewers blast Ch 10 over Toni Pearen’s snake attack

This is Toni...
    [​IMG]

2. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Absolutely amazing.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Is that an underwhelmed "amazing" or do you mean that? : )

4. Half Track

That people do it for real. Reality, right? I just can never get into any of it. Well, maybe the Chrisleys. I get a kick out of the whole family.

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Well you have to go along way to see a pretty woman get bitten 5 times in the face...The Celebs do it for charity...they can win 100k for a charity of their choice...plus they get paid very handsomely to agree to do the show...about a third come and flat out say they are here for the money...I mean who WANTS to put themselves through that?

Half Track likes this.
  6. Takao

Takao Ace

Their constrictors, the bites are mostly mildly painful, but tolerable. It is not like their doing it with "hot" snakes. Used to go to a "rattlesnake rodeo" in Potter County. Now that was entertainment.

7. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

It was on her face Takao...
    And it’s not just about the pain...It’s also about being bitten by an angry snake...on the FACE! I’d be impressed if a bloke soldiered on, but a woman who professed to not like snakes...I was impressed...
    I spose we aren’t as tough as Americans...
    (A friendly dig in the ribs)

8. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I saw two ladies dealing with a 17'* python yesterday, in North Carolina. They were doing their jobs. I've seen men faint when they saw a six footer.

(*No idea what that is centigrade.)

9. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

A girl I knew in school moved to Australia way back in the late 70's on a missionary trip and has only come back to visit family a few times since then. Guess she knows something we don't - Aussie's kick butt!

CAC likes this.
  10. Takao

Takao Ace

Has nothing to do with "tough" or nationality...

I helped a friend of mine do a travelling reptile show many years ago. He had several "hot" snakes(some rattlers, 7 or 8 foot King Cobra, and some others). Well, we were getting this rattler out of it's case, and as soon as the lid was cracked open, the rattler struck. Missed my friend's nose by inches. He was a big dude, and I never saw him move that fast before or since.

Fun times.

CAC likes this.
  11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I’ve had quite a few crossed paths with a bunch of snakes...up here they live right next to you and you will probably never know...I hear fruit bats at night regularly attacked by tree snakes...when I was about 7 I was out in the sticks, and put my hand inside a hole in the ground which had filled with water...I was looking for frogs, anyway a tiger snake shot up my arm from out of the hole and scared both of us silly...that was in Tasmania and my first encounter...

I keep the snake catchers phone number on the fridge door...(it should be on my phone I know, but I’m old)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Takao and Half Track like this.
  12. Half Track

Yep, snakes. We have a few harmless black snakes in the surrounding woods. They look intimidating and can get in the strike position if approached and I have picked them up with a shovel and tossed them back into the woods when found on the driveway in the heat of the summer. They are pretty big, eat rodents.
    Now, rattlesnakes, a different thing. Basically if you let them alone they will not bother you but they are here in the mountains and in the mountains where I hunt. But of course I hunt in the fall and winter and have only found a shedded skin. Actually, I believe that they are protected by the fish and boat commission here in Pennsylvania. I stay out of the mountains in the summer. Personally, I have no reason to hike there. But of course, many enjoy the summer hikes. In the past, however, I have hiked the Appalachian Trail in the summer when I was younger but stayed on the trail and carried a .22 revolver.

Takao likes this.
  13. Biak

Illinois has a few snakes. Timber Rattlers', Water Moccasins, Black snakes, Cotton Mouths and a few others.

Back when I was younger my cousin and I were running downhill through the woods when I heard this blood-curdling girlish scream from behind me. He had stepped directly on a coiled snake in the middle of the path! It was a harmless bull snake and as I was laughing my a## off at him he pointed above my head and said "LOOK UP" ! Another one of those sumbitches was stretched out on a limb less than two feet above MY head ! I made his scream sound like a baritone and sprinted for safety while flailing my arms above my head.

Half Track likes this.
  14. OpanaPointer

I refuse to comment on the possibility that the guy in Pelosi's office was a cousin.

15. Takao

Takao Ace

Yes, the Timber Rattlesnake and the Copperhead are both protected species in PA. You need a permit to own or hunt/kill them.

16. Takao

Takao Ace

Yeah, my ex-GF was deathly afraid of snakes. Now, I liked going to French Creek State Park & St. Peters village. Nice places both. Had been going there for years, and never once saw any snakes. But, I swear every time I took her, she would always manage to come across a snake(thankfully never a poisonous one), and let out the required blood-curdling scream.

17. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Putin is laughing at the US. Any idea why? He would kill the people trying to invade the Congress. Had a better idea?

Half Track likes this.
  18. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Did you know?
    Australia has frogs that eat snakes...?
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    No teeth...no venom...yet this is a Taipan, the world's deadliest land snake is taken down by a cuddly green tree frog...

Half Track likes this.
  19. OpanaPointer

1-300-Catchem.

20. Biak

Ok another snake story.

When I was around two my dad and grandpa built a log house, 14 feet by 20 feet with a 10 x 12 bedroom attached to one side. Bathroom was a one holer 10 yards out the back door. Cut trees off the property with an axe no less.
    Just laying the groundwork to explain the whole snake thing;
    Country living let us be close to Nature and one problem was mice liked the attic. Eventually a big Bull snake took up residence up there. The mice problem went away but running for the backdoor after a visit to the outhouse when you're five or six years old and being challenged by a snake twice as long as you are tall can be traumatic !

upload_2021-1-7_17-25-27.png

A few years late he built a tri level house with indoor plumbing.

Attached Files:

Half Track and CAC like this.