Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Oh nothing really just wanted to share

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Biak, Jan 23, 2013.

1. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

I couldn't be that lucky. At least I'd have a great story to tell.
    About 1-1/2 years ago I fell out of my house. Alcohol was not involved.

2. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

Like from the second story???. OK no alcohol, your ex was chasing you with an Axe and you fell out the window trying to escape.

3. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Yeah I think the shadows on the "TR3" going in different directions is a hint.
    Um, Tranquility Base wasn't in a crater so there wasn't a rim for menacing observers to observe. They didn't venture far from Eagle other than to look into a shallow small crater.
    upload_2021-4-14_16-54-59.png

4. Prospero Quevedo

I'm waiting for the Chinese to get there and declare the moon is theirs. Now most of the western world has agreed the moon is open territory and not any single country's property but of course the Chinese at nota part of that. Now why a moon colony just to prove they can do it or what, to mine the moon looking for resources.

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I thought the shadow wasn't right, but I looked again...it actually does fit. Mostly above and to the right of the screen, putting the shadow to the left...and putting the side of the van in shadow.

How was the Sea of Tranquility formed?
    This basin is thought to have been formed as a result of a very large impact in the Moon's early history, likely more than 3.9 billion years ago. The crater was then flooded with mare basalts, making it appear dark when viewed from Earth, and making it smooth and relatively flat, as seen in LOLA data

There is a decent crater right near the landing site...
    [​IMG]

Apollo 11 landed on the Moon on July 20th, 1969, a little after 4:00 in the afternoon Eastern Daylight Time. The Lunar Module, nicknamed Eagle and flown by Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin, touched down near the southern rim of the Sea of Tranquility, one of the large, dark basins that contribute to the Man in the Moon visible from Earth. Armstrong and Aldrin spent about two hours outside the LM setting up experiments and collecting samples. At one point, Armstrong ventured east of the LM to examine a small crater, dubbed Little West, that he'd flown over just before landing. - Underline and bold mine.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

The "Space force" (formed 20 years ago and first announced by Bush junior) will most likely be used to protect US bases/mines...The Chinese are taking a look at the relatively undisputed dark side...They were there first, good luck to them.

7. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

It sounds funnier to say I fell out of my house. Actually I was leaving for work, tripped and fell 4 feet from the back deck to the concrete sidewalk without touching a single step. Messed up my already messed up back & sketchy knee. Took another fall 2 weeks ago leaving for work. Common denominator: going to work. I need to quit going to work, but I can't afford it. :(

8. Prospero Quevedo

Need to get one of those work from home jobs so you don't have to go out thus not exposing yourself for a fall. But yeah falling out of the house did sound funny like whaaaa???

9. Biak

Morning CAC, I just thought the shadow under the triangle looks to be directly down - the Sun at (12:00) where the other shadows appear to show the Sun lower and to the right of the vehicles more like 9:00. Light reaches under the bumpers.
    I'm also a little skeptical about 'mining' on the Moon or asteroids: the cost to get there and back seems exorbitant. Best I've found is $9,000 per pound depending on system and mission to launch and return. Usually much higher.

10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Yeah the triangle shadow isn’t way off but not as far as you might think...but I’ve seen real pictures where this happens too...so factored that in. I think it’s fake because it’s too revealing...the picture is probably real with a standard aircraft taken out and the triangle put in...but it’s one of the few pictures with people in the shot to give size perspective, so I chose it. Morning! : )
    As for mining...most mines have a large start up price tag...I don’t think they will be mining coal or iron...rare/rarer metals might be the target Lithium for example. Once it’s mined a very small rocket system (catapault or even a maglev system) would launch it back to earth, where it parachutes hopefully somewhere near the refinery...although musks re-usable rockets might be a more elegant alternative. A mine may also be a way in for the military if they are banned from the moon...A base under another name...sort of thing. It seems a little too soon for me too, all I can say is many countries are seriously talking about it...

(Speaking of Elon Musk) What I’d like to ask the ‘experts’ on the net is if he goes to the moon on a manned mission in 2024 then what do the aliens do? Have they used the last 50 years to clear out, or will they still want the moon for themselves? Current predictions say there will be alien disclosure in 2028...(make of that what you will) - So could there be a delay on Musk’s timeline of 2024 to 2028? Or is the year off? Will they see aliens when they get there and this is the disclosure whether you like it or not? Or is this whole story a crock of shit?
    Stay tuned...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

In the era of Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Wall Street and Big Tech, it is hard to fathom a more prosperous time in human history. However, many believe Mansa Musa’s wealth outdoes that of all modern billionaires.

Mansa Musa ruled over the Mali empire in the 14th Century, and his incredible access to gold made him arguably the richest human to have ever lived. So, why is it that he has largely disappeared from the western historical imagination?

https://www.bbc.com/reel/video/p09dcbl0/the-richest-person-who-ever-lived

12. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

FYI I've seen "triangular UFOs" here in St. Louis. (We're not far from Belleville, IL., where the first one was "spotted". If you happen to be under the landing path for an airliner at night you'll see the nose and wingtip lights but not the airplane. If you watch for more than a few seconds the plane will get close enough to resolve. The original people who "sighted" the triangular UFOs no doubt had enough time to do this, but they had a "cool thing" and ran with it. Other "sightings" were just continuations of the lies.

13. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Come on OP...these are more than 3 lights...in many pictures you can see the craft also...and aircraft don’t float, make super sharp turns or disappear...or have they been seen in space...you are going to have to do better than plane lights...
    Your own mob, the Navy have filmed this...not the lights but the triangle body...

14. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Of courseeeeee...

15. Prospero Quevedo

Wasn't there a TV program that did a thing on the navy and UFOs. One of the carriers was doing training operations near Catalina island and the pilots start reporting UFOs and even get film footage that is now declassified. The navy wouldn't give any official explanation. The video clearly shows something strange moving and changing directions. One of the pilots said he got fairly close couldn't make out any markings but that it looked cylindrical with no appearant wings or control surfaces but has a fiery tail he took as thrust exhaust. Photographers with high powered zoom lenses have photos of UFOs around Catalina island ever since rumors broke out. The navy may have kept quiet but sailors coming back to port had stories to tell. Was huge in the papers for weeks, I think I was still in JC when that happened.

CAC likes this.
  16. Biak

It is kinda telling the picture aligns with a STS shuttle landing sequence. The stairs leading up to the trailing edge ( weird place for access ) is the portable white room used for egress from the shuttle, and the contraption to the far right with cables and hoses is used for capturing noxious fumes from the APU's.
    The shuttles were 122 feet long. The picture is most likely of STS 3 at White Sands.

CAC likes this.
  17. Prospero Quevedo

Some company in California announced some months back a shuttle that could challenge spaces. But the article said the shuttle wasn't new but based on a design by NASA that was dropped when they decided to build the large shuttle. Like what happened to the tether idea too expensive or the tech isn't there yet.

18. Biak

I'll see about digging up my scrapbook of Apollo 11. I have several 8 x 10 glossies sent to me from an uncle (by marriage) who worked for McDonald Douglas at the time and quite a few newspaper clippings. Best thing I have are four Polaroid black&white photos I took while watching the tv coverage. They're fuzzy, grainy, and so much glare it's hard to tell what you are looking at.

Which makes them priceless to me since I was a teenager then, I took the pictures, and I watched it Live ! :D

Forgot ; in the above post #1176 saying most likely STS 3 - I didn't know that off the top of my head, I found a "very similar" photo (without the alien tech) that very closely matches. Slightly different angle.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    CAC likes this.
  19. Prospero Quevedo

That's kewl I remember that watching TV I think most channels had a shared broadcast.

20. Biak

Yeah - way back then there were three, Yes youngin's THREE ! tv channels and the NASA feed was Live.