Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Operation Deadlight

Discussion in 'WWII Today' started by Erich, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

ship icon :

For this operation, some interesting findings and a large contingent ready for 2002 for several major dives to sunken U-boats. On-going site covering the last so-called ops of the war.....the sinking of the U-boats in the area of Great Britain.

cheers und malt ! by the way my other heading should read Kreuzer not Leuzer......geez !

E :rolleyes:

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Great site. One of the 4 IX-D2 subs sank if they are talking about the ones reachable in the Pacific, IS the U 181. Im going to have to tell the comrades about this site--thanks Erich. :D

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Sure ! wish I could attend the big dives next year. man I would love to go down there and search through history, plus no graves of the fallen to contend with.

E

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Me too. I bet Susanne will try to attend one of those dives. Last year she was qualified to go diving on wrecks, and does have a good many contacts for that kinda thing.

Next time I speak with her, I will ask and see which ones she will try to dive after.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I was thinking of bringing a pair of speedo's, but on second thought with being in the cold Atlantic and all........hey ask her to bring a video camera along or a waterproof digital or something similar. Boy, this would be great to get some first hand accounts for ocean archaelogy.

E

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I dont know what all she has, but I will ask. Also, I dont know for sure if she will make one of those trips because I had forgotten she not only works fulltime but is also going to a university. I do know that if there is one iota of a chance on her going--she will go.