Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

opinion of ccc and panzer badge

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by dalo, Sep 3, 2012.

1. dalo

dalo recruit

Hello gentlemen :)
    I'm a new collector, always had an interest in third reich history but was not really in a position to financially afford medals until recently.
    My new collection started with a 1939 ek1 from Jamie cross and a 1914 ek2, war merit cross 2nd class and a hidenburg cross from dasreich.co
    I prefer medals which show good age as well as great wear and tear over nice condition medals as they have the "been there at the front" feel

I just wanted your opinions as to whether the below close combat clasp and panzer assault badge look real and authentic as I have no experience in telling these things
    having not handled/seen enough medals
    They are being sold by Jamie cross who is (by reputation) a well known enough dealer and comparing it to my books/internet resources they look ok

Do they look genuine to you guys?

Thank you very much for your help and opinions

View attachment 17212

Attached Files:

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

First Off: Welcome to the Forum
    Secondly: This is not a valuation service nor do we offer pre purchase authentication services, we will encourage you to purchase what you feel comfortable with based on your own research. There are many members here who have experience with the items you are interested in and we all have gained that knowledge through time and taking chances.

That being said:
    The PAB doesn't look right to me and while the CCC looks right it is missing the cloisoine (sp) insert.

Here are some links to get you in the right direction:
    German Militaria Blog: Panzer Assault Badges

German Militaria Blog

German Militaria Blog: The Close Combat Clasp

3. dalo

dalo recruit

Hi Formerjughead
    sorry ..have edited my post re the price query.

yea he mentioned The PAB was a probably a metal detector find and is heavily oxidized because of this and also had a hook repair during service life
    I know where ya coming from it's just alot of money to take chances on :)