Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Original Luftwaffe Soldbuch

Discussion in 'Photographs and Documents' started by Friedhelm, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Friedhelm

Friedhelm Member

Hello fanatics,

I got myself a Luftwaffe Soldbuch together with some other items, I was wondering what you guys could tell me about it.
    It is in a good condition I made a PDF file with every page in it, Some things aren't really easy to read. (and my german ain't that good).

I bought it together with this:

- World War one Soldbuch together with newspaper documents of the person. (Those documents were from the 1970's celebrating his 90'th birthday)
    - World War one Militirpab (He fought in Verdun and many other places on the westfront)
    - WehrpaB from a man called John Eiben, together with a letter from USA and Feldpost document.
    - WehrpaB from the same person as the Luftwaffe Soldbuch, Karl Schürmann (They ripped out the photo sadly...)
    - The Luftwaffe Soldbuch from Karl Schürmann (including a little Newspaper document)

Url to PDF file: http://docdro.id/Qotx6MW

I had to pay 162€ for it in total including shipping. Was it worth it? and what is it worth?

Thank you guy's for taking a look!

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

p 1 shows his successive ranks Gefreiter Obergefreiter and Later unterofficier. His GM size = 2 . He is from Aurich , born in 1920 , Catholic, blond , 1.84m and a student when he joined the Luftwaffe. Shoe size =44 . joined in oct 1940.

10-1940 -Luftnachtrichtenkompanie in Langenhafen
    1941 Celle
    17 -6 1942 Gardelegen (these are mostly stalags :Flugstalags)
    3 -9 42 Stelle Stendal l
    13 11 42 Stelle Salzwezel
    9 1 1943 Stendal
    21 1 1943 Wesendorf

His father : august Schurmann (a farmer) , his mother Louise Brinkmann

The following pages he mentions the gear he received. ( for example page 8 =Gasmaske , Losentin tablets, Gasplanen , page 14 soap and washing powder;

12-5 1944 sent to Flak stelle 11800 (in an office)
    then to Flak schule Kompanie Ersazt Battaillon 15 in Augsburg

p 18 + 19 mentions what Sold he is entitled and p 19 wat he received sofar 14.95 RM for 15 days

Beurlauben are his leaves (over 5 days) with dates , length and reason. For instance in April 194 he got a leave for getting engaged. (Erlobungsurlaub) .

As a conclusion : this Unterofficier was not a flier, but most certainly a Flak soldat. His assignments are mostly Stalags , at least until 1944. So I suppose he was an office worker in a Flugstalags until he was assignment for field duties when every man was needed after his training in the Ersazt Bataillon 15 in Augsburg. Knowing he might go to battle may have motivated his choice to get engaged to his loved one.

Your Flugbuch is most intereting nonetheless and the entire grouping is worht the price you paid for it. Remember this comments are not gospel and other members may have additions /corrections etc.. Hope this helps.

Friedhelm and Slipdigit like this.