Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Osprey Men-At-Arms Series

Discussion in 'WWII Books & Publications' started by Otto, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

They are wonderful books, but does any know if they are sold in hardcover. I hate "softies" and could never definitively find out if they ship in hardcover as well as softcover.

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Otto, I have heard that Osprey has hardcover books from the Men At arms series but, I can never seem to get Barnes and Nobles bookstore to order them. Osprey is a very cheap source for almost priceless info on the German military and the collectables. I think I have about 20 from their series.

3. Otto

I have a bunch myself, but I stopped purchasing them when I discovered they might be available hardbound. Thanks for the tip. I just found the Osprey homepage, I put it on the links page under "Publications", I should get some answers from them soon.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quite welcome. I also suggest the books by Brian L. Davis, they are a cheaper source in Hardback. These books sell for about $35.00, and are very detailed and cover a wide range of items.

Next I would refer you to books by Roger Bender. The problem ther is, some books will cost you about $100.00, on down to about $50.00

5. M60A1

M60A1 Member

I have noticed that on a few occasions, Military Book Club has offered a few of the Osprey volumes in hardcover as club exclusives.

6. Otto

M60, I'm not really familiar with the military book club, maybe it's my isolation up here in Canada, I'll look into it. Thanks for the help.

7. J.Mahoney

J.Mahoney Member

I just started collecting Osprey books myself. I have the one on the Waffen SS, and the Panzer Divisions. I will be buying the one on the U-boat crews next month. I think they are an excellent series and definately affordable. I wonder how many they will eventually do? Does anyone know?