Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Otto - Whataburger - Rockwall, Texas, USA

Discussion in 'WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service' started by Otto, Sep 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Username: Otto
    Sent 31 August, 2022
    Postmark: 1 September, 2022
    Arrived: 6 September, 2022

My son of eight had earned himself a reward for good schoolwork, and he requested a cheeseburger for supper. As he had never been to this establishment before, he requested his first visit to Whataburger.

For those not of the American South®, Whataburger is a regional institution. They are dotted all over the Texas map, and almost always have lines. Non-locals are easily identified when they pronounce the establishment with three distinct words: what - a - burger, whereas locals pronounce the word more rapidly with the "h" dropped: waterburger.

This was his first ever visit to Whataburger, and despite offers of arguably better burger options from sit down restaurants, he was adamant to finally try a Double Meat Whataburger w/ cheese. Although he enjoyed it, he wasn't especially impressed, but he was happy to finally cross the place of his Texas list.

The Otto family take our burgers very seriously, and to commemorate the occasion, I inquired for some sort of post card to mail into the WW2F. While they didn't have any postcards, a helpful server handed me a pie box which I was able to tear in half and converted into the ad-hoc postcard seen here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Remember to check the WW2 Forums/Forces Postal Service Map for a look at our growing list of all WW2F/FPS submissions.

4jonboy, Ricky, GRW and 1 other person like this.