Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

P-38 Pilot - USAAF?

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Rick Forman Jr, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Rick Forman Jr

Rick Forman Jr New Member

Hey all, Im looking for some information regarding a 'Mickey' (Michael?) Woolfson or Wolfson whom was a P-38 pilot in the war. This individual may have been from Roxbury or Halifax. Unfortunately the only name i know this relative by is Mickey but i know thats usually a nickname for Michael or Mitchell. Im not sure if they would have been flying reconnaissance or bombing in the war. I know this is very vague information but im going off of what i remember from my step grandfather and family mentions.

I hope all of you are staying safe and sane during the pandemic!

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I think we're going to need just a tad more information. Canadian, British or Other ? Any idea When, Where he may have served or areas he passed through? The surname spelling is actually kinda critical since one letter can be the difference between a few hundred names or few thousand. Found that out the hard way :D
    Try to dig up as much as you can and I'm sure there's a few here who will try to help.

RichTO90 likes this.
  3. RichTO90

RichTO90 Well-Known Member

Birthday? Birth year? Is that Roxbury Massachusetts? Halifax where?

The only "Woolfson" to appear in Fold3 are British; is your guy an American?

There is a draft card for a Melvin (appears as Malcolm on his birth certificate) H. Wolfson from Roxbury Mass, born 12 April 1922, who lived at his family home at 4 Carlisle Street.