Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Parts for 98K

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Erich, Jun 2, 2001.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Gents :

I do not know if this is the right section to post this question, but here goes......
    Are there any distributors of Mauser 98K parts in the USA ? I actually have two in my possession. A complete short-stock Fallschirmjäger rifle Gew 33. And an uncompleted 98K, coded ar 42.
    Any help would be appreciated for looking into parts.

Gruß

E. ;)

2. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Erich, I dont know if these sites still exist but try: www.gundoc.com and www.mauser.com

otherwise, there is a distributer called Cole Enterprises, these guys seem to have it all. Also, all of these are here in the USA.

3. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Excellent Carl !

I'll give them a try.

Check the above posting on your T-34 versus Tiger 2. I made an unknown for you to think about, but also just got through reading some more material on April 19, 45, where the SS Schw. Pz-Abt. really took it to over 100 T-34's and some JS 2's. Two Panzer aces spoken of scored really big. I'll post that to your question a bit later. it still of course may not be the identical story as the one you were speaking of.

E.

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Erich; Gundoc is pretty good and there usually ars all kinds of "experts" on that forum. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, on this site you get a few crackheads too. About 2 yrs ago I had posted some questionen about my very rare S-42 K-98 Mauser mit ansteckmagazin, only to have a so-called expert tell me that my rifle was a ficticious piece. Oh well-theres one jealous person to every croud-I guess??

That aside though, others did answer my questions very well. [​IMG] [​IMG]

What you are saying about that Waffen SS unit just might be the ones in the story that I heard. Don't keep me awaiting too long, or I might bite all of my fingernails down to little nubbins [​IMG] [​IMG] :eek: ;)

[ 02 June 2001: Message edited by: C.Evans ]

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Thanks for those links. I see the mauser.com is not functioning yet or is going through some changes. i found an old catalogue from Springfield Sporter and they used to carry some of the wooden pieces as well as several accounterments. I'll keep checking.......an S 42 eh ? Wow, that's pretty Kühl !

;) E.

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks. Someday I might ask Otto if he wants to publish a photo of it here. There is no book printed, that has a photo of the exact kind of Mauser I have--its THAT rare.

The closest in print that I have seen is one that is in Backbone of the Wehrmacht vol 2.

This IS a bad*ss Mauser. Its made in 1936 with a dated 1935 magazine, which is KORREKT. The magazines are exactly the same as was used with the MG-13.

While I was not here, I did find another site for Mausers. It is in here somewhere, I forgot to write down which link in the links page that it was in. It will take some stumbeling around a bit, but its in there somewhere.

Here it tis:
    http://www.ctv.es/USER/apf

I kept this URL because this has over 100 Waffen SS photos on it, even if all are taken from photos published in books and magazines-I recognized most of them. None the less-its worth a look see. :D

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

That URL sounds familiar. I'll check it out.

thanks for the heads up !

E.

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quiet welcome. Before I log off here I will get back into that site and see if I can remember where I saw it at. :eek: :eek:

9. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr