Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Discussion in 'Living History' started by urqh, Sep 15, 2013.

1. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Its that day again...Battle of Britain day...kudos to them that did...and all who over the years wore and wear the blue...

So many of these days I would be up bulling shoes and waiting to form up to march thru whatever local town we were near...Not too many today though.

But shoes will have been bulled...creases ironed sharp...moaning ...of course we and they will moan...but then the band will strike up RAF marchpast or Battle of Britain march...and the moaning will stop...And we'd and some will...tick tock their way to church behind the band somewhere today...

http://youtu.be/43zVRey2XEs

Please save the Navy did it for another day.

2. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Its that day again...Battle of Britain day...kudos to them that did...and all who over the years wore and wear the blue...

So many of these days I would be up bulling shoes and waiting to form up to march thru whatever local town we were near...Not too many today though.

But shoes will have been bulled...creases ironed sharp...moaning ...of course we and they will moan...but then the band will strike up RAF marchpast or Battle of Britain march...and the moaning will stop...And we'd and some will...tick tock their way to church behind the band somewhere today...

http://youtu.be/43zVRey2XEs

Please save the Navy did it for another day.

3. ptimms

ptimms Member

To paraphrase someone, I can't remember who?

"To an Englishman of a certain age the roar of a merlin and the flash of an elliptical wing will always mean the summer of 1940"

I saw the BOB memorial Lancaster yesterday

4. Owen

Owen O

My Grandfather , Dad, my Dad's 2 cousins (one killed in ww2) , Uncle , brother & my Brother-in-law were all RAF.

I wasn't.
    :)

5. von Poop

von Poop Waspish

6. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Urqh, you posted the same thing twice. Don't worry, I fixed it.