Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

PONDERING..

Discussion in 'Codes, Cyphers & Spies' started by Michael J.Malawski, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Michael J.Malawski

Michael J.Malawski New Member

Maybe two lifetimes ago,,I worked in NYC as a building engineer,,,wall street area ,,and thru my long stay there I worked with a ,,let's say German whom immigrated into queens ,new York.

He was so sure at the meeting place of spies,specuculators and all others inbetween in Lisbon,Portugal,,,a legitimate deal was offered by Herr Hitler( to allow) the French and British troops trapped on the Dunkirk beaches.

The deal was simply this,,,the panzers as well as the infantry would allow,,,,,TROOPS TO LEAVE .with the understanding that Churchill would allow a free hand ,,to German intentions IN EUROPE.For that ,,,,he allowed the British and French troops to be ,,,,Evacuated.

This is a discussion I fear won't end until the deaths of all participants plus maybe 25 years......

If it did occur,,I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

I do believe there is more than a thimble of truth in it,,,for that supposed delay and restock,rearm,,,made NO SENSE .

2. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

3. Michael J.Malawski

Well appreciated ,,,,actually missed that war ,,and Korea but was involved in the ,,miscellaneous war....1969-1971

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Welcome aboard!

5. Michael J.Malawski

I consider myself an hoary military historian,,,,and I must say when purveying the fields of engagement,,,,WW-1 appears the most frightening ,,when you consider the introduction of larger ,more accurate artillery,maxim machine guns,aircraft,,,poison gas,,submarines ,,on and on it goes....scary stuff indeed.

Thank you for the welcome

I actually specialize in the big war.....yes that one......

6. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Odd that in all the writing on the evacuation this hasn't surfaced before.