Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Possibly interesting links.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, Apr 6, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Any remotely WW2 related link is good, thanks for the links. There is a typo however, your first link is actually:
    http://www.4milmodels.com/

[ 07 April 2001: Message edited by: Otto ]

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Otto, and sorry about the typo. I was hoping the problem with my email would have been fixed by the time I finished looking at the toy soldiers site. I also used to collect them and thought of starting to do so again.

4. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I have a couple myself, they can be very nice. What company produced the ones you have?

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Most of the ones I have are Britains. These were made in the early 1970's. I also have about 20 lead soldiers from the 1960's and 70's. I also have several flat sided tin soldiers that I bought while in Solothurn Switzerland (unpainted) and I have two knights that are handpainted that I bought at the Meersberg Castle in Germany. I dont know what company made those.

I used to have a good collection of cast soldiers that were ones my father played with when he was a tot in the 1920's. I think these were hand-b-downs from his father because these were ones made during WW1 and were all hand painted. I had 18 of those but, someone broke into my house about 6 years ago and stole them all (I know who did it, but just cant prove it).

(The one who I know took them his parents own a large Antique store in my ex-hometown and I used to hang around with the two sons and one daughter. Well, I made the mistake of inviting the older brother to my house, and I had had these on display next to my old tin can collection. Well he saw them and was impressed and made an offer which I refused since they were my fathers toys and about the only thing of his that I had. (My father passed away in 1988)

Well, I had to go out of town for a week, and when I came back, I noticed the soldiers were gone. I looked around to see what was missing and they were the only missing items. The police said that it had to be just kids, and i said it wasnt a kid and told them what happened and who I knew it to be.

Also, if it had been kids, then I wonder why they didnt take most of the other items I had on display??????? I had plenty of things to choose from--like some Golden Age comic books etc. Thats very strange wouldnt you think??

Thankfully, I still have my Britains collection, and the smaller lead soldiers. I just missed out on a collection of Napoleon era tin soldiers thanks to no access to my email. This was a set of painted flats, that were made about 100 or so years ago. The set went for only $45.00--I was prepared to pay much more but could not.

I know ebay has a "My" section, but, mine has never worked and I complained to ebay many times and they sitll havent fixed the problem and ive been ebaying for a year now.

What kind do you have?