Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Pre-emptive strike on China?

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Sloniksp, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Again sorry for the delay. I will try to address all one at a time.

You have every right to question Putins intention for stability as you do Chinas. I am not sure why but that is your right. Logically it wouldn't benefit Russia to have unstable borders/neighbors. Russia doesn't benefit from what's happening in Ukraine.

My friend I strongly urge you to watch the video I posted in which Putin describes in detail what this missile shield is intended for. In this explaination he goes into detail how Tomahawk missiles would be used and the warheads which they could have. This speech was given this year at the St. Petersburg forum in front of international journalists. Please watch it. It addresses everything.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QHkyu5NGd74

This is rubbish. US missiles in Poland and Romania are controlled by the US. In fact even the Romanians don't know what kind of missiles are sitting on their soil. I again urge you to watch Putins speech in the above link. He addresses everything you seem to doubt or be unaware off. No fault of yours really, this is never spoken off in the mainstream media.

This was a reaction.

Again, this was a reaction to Maldovian forces and their attempt to impose their will. Russia did not simply open fire in an attempt to conquer.

I never called out the United States for anti-terror operations in Afghanistan. What I did in post #25 was simply list US military involvement in numerous countries. Perhaps I wasn't clear (my apologies for that). I will state for the record: the US was attacked by terrorist on 911. The US did the right thing and went to war in Afghanistan in order to rid the country of those responsible and those harboring those responsible. The entire world agreed. China and Russia also. Putin in a sign of solidarity was not only the first politician to call the White House expressing his condolences but also did something unprecedented and opened up a corridor in Russia from which the US military and her allies could supply their troops by both land and air instead of using the longer and more volatile Pakistan route. I have always supported the war in Afghanistan unfortunately it seems the administration got their priorities mixed up and went into Iraq (but that's another discussion).

Resolutions for Bosnia were made at the European council and slowly but shortly started to expand. Russia's concern wasn't even looked at.

Somalia - Does seem you are correct. Slipped my mind.

Syria - The only country which got a UN security councils approval for military operations in the country was Russia. The 5 permanent members holding veto powers unanimously agreed. This is what is needed for military operations.

Libya is a bit murky. China and Russia did not veto and simply abstained. This was because (speaking of Russia only) according to then president Medvedev protecting civilians was the right thing to do in face of government forces onslaught. The resolution called for targeting govt. forces who were threatening civilians. Many, however began to doubt the mission as Gadaffis forces were being destroyed as they were retreating. Many called this a direct violation of coalition forces and charged them with "over stepping" their bounds. As more time passed it became increasingly evident that the main objective was a regime change NOT protecting civilians as the resolution stated. More so it turned out that a large part of these "rebels" were actually jihadis. Striking Gaddafis entourage was also a violation as it had nothing to do with protecting civilian population. In large Libya turned out to be another lie as many around the world are now claiming.

Again, I should have been more clear but my claim concerning US military intervention were all in regards of post 911.

This is not the case. In Yemen, the majority of the country are Shiite and were run by the Sunnis. The population (not a small terrorist groupe) began to revolt. Yemen turned into a civil war and the Sunni president fled to Saudi Arabia. The Houthis are not terrorists but citizens of Yemen who are fighting the Sunnis and the Saudi Arabia puppet govt (according to them). The presidents loyalists were immediately reinforced by Sunni radicals, Al Qaida. Later the Saudi govt. launched an entire invasion without getting approval from the UN Security Council. Saudi Arabia entered a civil war. This is not a terrorist operation as the terrorists are fighting the Houthi population. This is now a sectarian conflict in which the Sunnis are fighting the Shiites.... Quite embarrassing for Saudi Arabia really. Yemen is the poorest Muslim country in the region and has drawn Saudi Arabia and her jihadi allies into a stalemate. Iran is ofcourse helping them now as well. Nothing like it is in Syria tho.

2. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

I don't know how else to say this... The overwhelming majority of the population (Ukrainians and even Tatars) voted to unite with Russia. No one was held at gun point. In fact there are numerous photos and videos online which show the civilians coming out with flowers and handing them to Russian troops. No one was forced to vote pro-Russian. I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand? Crimea was an autonomous state because it didn't wasn't to remain with Ukraine after the collapse of the USSR. The Crimeans consider themselves Russian of course they would vote to unite with their motherland. Independent Italian and French delegations visited the peninsula and said the same exact thing!

If the people didn't want to unite with Russia it would never have happened. Instead there is now a holiday commemorating the day of reunification and hundreds of thousands showed up waving Russian flags and singing the national anthem.

The "green men" were there only for one purpose; to prevent what is now happening in Donbas.

I have read it well. If you continue to read further, below the 20,000 figure it continues with "most of the heavy equipment was NOT brought to the border but was actually already there PRIOR to the conflict. It then states "there is no evidence of logistical preparations for an invasion, such as a field headquarters.

If you read further... "Breedlove, though, repeatedly made inexact, contradictory or even flat-out inaccurate statements."

Further down... "
    On Nov. 12, during a visit to Sofia, Bulgaria, Breedlove reported that "we have seen columns of Russian equipment -- primarily Russian tanks, Russian artillery, Russian air defense systems and Russian combat troops -- entering into Ukraine." It was, he noted, "the same thing that OSCE is reporting." But the OSCE had only observed military convoys within eastern Ukraine. OSCE observers had said nothing about troops marching in from Russia."

Let's not forget the title of the article... Berlin alarmed by aggressive NATO stance on Ukraine.

Not sure I understand your issue with the video?