Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Preachers Son: Riding Shotgun with the 2nd Armored Division

Discussion in 'ETO, MTO and the Eastern Front' started by Buten42, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Buten42

Buten42 Member

Preachers Son: Riding Shotgun with the 2nd Armored Division (kindal)
    Hell on Wheels: The U.S. 2nd Armored Division in Europe (hardcover and paperback)
    It appears these are the same book, with the name changed on the printed version.

Timothy Lossner and Arnold Lossner
    95 pages
    Experiences of Arnold Lossner with the 2nd Armored.

This is an attempt to relate Mr. Arnold Lossner's war experiences with the 2nd Armored during WWII. I try to read everything I can regarding the 2nd Armored Division, but to say this book was a total waste of time and money is probably the biggest understatement of the year. Mr. Timothy Lossner failed to spend any time researching or checking his historical facts which results to a book with no historic credibility whatever. The author spent even less time editing his grammar and structure because it appears to be written by a high school student who is failing composition class. The pictures are mostly so blurred or dark they are worthless. This is an attempt to make a little money by banging out a piece of trash using the 2nd Armored Division as a selling point.

I appreciate Mr. Lossner's service during the war, and it would have made a decent book if it were written by a more skilled writer that spent even a little time researching and editing.

2. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

One of the risks with self-published books?

3. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

With a big publishers books, too.