Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Profile of this forum

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Madcap7, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Madcap7

Madcap7 Member

I think this forum is quite good. It would be an excellent forum if only there were more people.

Have you tried to increase the profile of this site?

2. Ron

Ron Member

I think at last count we have 300 members. That's nothing to sneeze at! Although i'm sure many members have registered and now are long gone.
    But the "advertising" part you speak of is something you would have to bring up with Otto himself...being that he is the one who has to shell out the cash.
    However i think we are doing just fine...HEY at least it isn't so big that when you post something no one responds or reads it because in like an hour your post has been buried by other posts.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I like these forums for several reasons. Also what I like is like what Ron said that postings dont get buried as easily as they do on other more known forums.

I used to post on the field grey forums, but too much bickering going on--too many accusations etc. Also, when someone went to tons of trouble to do research on something--even if a few things were thought to be wrong, that person ALWAYS got more flak for their efforts, and VERY little help or support for those efforts. Here--people help whan they can. Ive learned much here much more than there--and I have a much better time here. This is a cleaner place to be and slow at times--BUT, it will pick up.

I believe that Otto started something that will eventually wind up being the best-if not one of the best ww2 forums on the entire web.

I spend alot of time and money--trying to get non-run-of-the-mill photos for this site to have here for all to enjoy. So far--Otto has had only the time to post my German Oberstleutnant/Sniper photo on the title page.

Whenever I get new ones in--I send them by email if possible to Otto, and he stores them. As they are my photos--I give him permission to post what he wants. I think what I collect and he can post--will be of enjoyment to everyone--when he can get them all published here. Thats one of the reasons I am actively collecting what I can while I can afford to do so. Eventually, I would like to have a WW1 photo gallery as well. I know its not ww2, but.... they actually have something to do with ww2. Also, some photos I have are flat out--very unique. I missed out on a very nice and ladgr photo of german soldiers planting landmines on a dirt road in Italy. This photo in particular went for $200.00 on ebay about a year ago. I bid up to $140.00 for it, but couldnt afford more than that--not that I could really afford that.

To date--the highest price I paid for a photo was $115.00--which was a Kriegsmarine PK Press Photo of Oberleutnant zur See Klaus Feldt, being decorated with the Knights Cross by Grossadmiral Erich Raeder. BTW--this photo will be posted here sometime--I think in the RKT photo section Otto is working on. You will see why I could part with that kind of money--even if I didnt really want to spend that much. :rolleyes: