Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"Ready to Fight"

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by CAC, Apr 17, 2017.

1. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

1250 Marines arrived in Darwin recently...And they've brought some new toys...The commander say the are "ready to fight" should tensions escalate with Nth Korea...Plenty being said here about Pine Gap (ever heard of that place?) being a sure target...Interesting...

2. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Nth Korea (who has already threatened Australia with Nuclear attack) has said yesterday that the Marine deployment in Darwin is a sign the US is getting ready for a (nuclear) war...

3. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

When are the USMC not ready to fight?

4. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Agree...
    Our Prime Minister is meeting Trump on an old Carrier in NY...Would love to be a fly on the wall...Turnbull is a different fish to Trump (isn't everyone?)

5. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

USS Intrepid?

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Think so...both are also going to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the Battle of the Coral Sea...so there is a WW2 connection too.

OpanaPointer likes this.
  7. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

In the NT News today, NT has its own weapon...Chuck Norris! We have our own Chuck Norris who will sort Kimbo out...

8. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

oh and forgot to add...was just flown over by a USMC SuperCobra...so low and slow I could actually wave to the pilot!

9. USMCPrice

USMCPrice Idiot at Large

...it might be one of the newer Zulu "Vipers". It is a wicked looking little snake ain't it! Since 2010 the Marine Corps has been upgrading existing AH-1 Whiskey "Super Cobra's" the the AH-1 Zulu "Viper". They've also been acquiring new "Vipers" in addition to the Whiskey upgrades. Last I read, Bell is currently in talks with Australia about acquiring the "Viper" and is also looking at the Yankee "Venom" version of the UH-1. The AH-1Z and UH-1Y were developed in parallel as upgrades for the AH-1W and UH-1N. There are a lot of upgrades incorporated into the newer versions, but the easiest recognition feature is the four bladed, composite propeller (on both the AH-1Z and UH-1Y).

10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Yep looks a bit like a Cobra mixed with an apache...a chunkier Cobra...memory says it was two bladed, but will check again when I see it...thanks for the info, wondered where they were going to go after the cobra and apache...Now I know!

11. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Just had one fly over me whilst walking the dog...pretty sure it was a Cobra...no chin attachments and not sure but looked two bladed...and very cool.