Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Reciving more info on U 181 and crew in about a week.

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by C.Evans, May 24, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Otto, I just thought i would let you know about that. I will be gathering all I have about them including photos etc. I will let you know when I get ready for when you wish to make a page on these guys.

I got an email from one of them yesterday with some VERY interesting news (for me) but it might benefit all. I will be recieving a packge from at least one of them in (hopefully) about 1 week. I am getting somekind of gift from one of them-don't have a clue as to what it could be but, i'm sure it will be very nice.

Dieter Hille had already said that I would have recieved his uniform if he had still had it. The unfortunate part was that they had to "give" up alot of things when they were interned in Bordeaux, France-after the end of the war. I thought that, that was very nice of him to think of me that much to even consider giving me an item such as his uniform. I could be getting just a card-or I could be getting a vets German Cross in Gold--I just don't know yet.

I mention this here because, these men are willing to share all they can to me and for this site only. I will keep you posted.

2. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Carl, that's great news!!! We can discuss the new page as soon as you have the info together.

btw, don't post in the veterans forum, I'm just trying something out. :rolleyes: We will see if we can fix this password issue.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

rrrrrrr too late, I just did. Anyway, I do thank YOU for YOUR hard work on the list also.

Take care and I will be in and out of this site today and saturday. The libraries are closed sun and mon-per the holidays. I will "see" you back here on tuesday--after of course my visits here today and saturday. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Have you heard anymore word from your friend(s) concerning the Schnellboot RK winners ?

Erich B. :cool:

5. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Erich: Not yet, but I do have an address to their vets org. Schnellboote und Begleitschiff something something. I will have to refind their address and will send it to you. I havent had the time to write them yet about Kapitan zue See Klaus Feldt yet. The person in charge, was friends with klaus who has unfortunately passed away some years ago.

I will look in my stuff and see where I have that address at, and soon as I find it, I will give it to you. I will try to get it by saturday but if you dont see it here or in an email, it just means that the library (which will be closed till tuesday) was already closed before I made it back here.

6. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

Sweet ! :D This would be wonderful of course..... if I can find you more Luftwaffe contacts let me know.

Erich B.

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Erich as a matter of fact-here are the addresses to Die Kameradschaft und Begleitschiffe.

Here is the first version of the address that I got elsewhere:

Herr Eckhardt Pieper
    Mittelstrasse 16
    D-27568 Bremerhaven

Here is how the other address is:

Herr Eckhardt Pieper
    Grashoff 40
    D-27568 Bremerhaven.

This second address I got was from my friend Karl Kaiser who called them up for me and this is the address he got. I will try this second one out first, as soon as I can get the letter written.

I can always use more Luftwaffe contacts, are they KC vets? or non KC? which does'nt matter as they all are important.

PS, Christian is still missing in action, so hopefully next week maybe?? [​IMG]

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

A minor correction to my third posting here. I said Klaus Feldt was a Kapitan zur See, he was not, in fact he was a Korvettenkapitan. Whats even worse is that I already knew that! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) [​IMG]

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Wunderbar Carl !

this is great news. something now for me to look into. Write me off list and tell me what you have for Luftwaffe pilot vets. maybe I can send you some others. You've done a great service by lisiting many RK vets already on this important site.

Horrido !

Erich B.

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Aw Shucks :D Its something for me to research also [​IMG]

I will try to do a list for you next week, as I dont have the pages with me today. It will seem as if I don't have many because I still don
    t know which branch of service many of them were in that is on my lists.

Thanks for the nice comments :D :D :D

Horrido!!! Where's Adolf Galland, Erich Hartmann, Hans Ulrich Rudel, Gunther Rall, Johannes Steinhoff, Hans Joachim Jabs, Heinz Bar, Hans Joachim Marseille, Nowotny and the others when you need them???

11. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl:

Horrido ! ....... Tally Ho !

E.B. :D

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Stukas DIVE.

I will be back here on tuesdau, the darn libraries will be closed for two days-OH MY GOSH-what am I gonna do without this forum???

AArrgggghhh, I now need some Zoloft.

13. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

It's ok man, have a bier .........ha !

On tuesday then.....

E.B. [​IMG]

14. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

dear Erich: Check this out. I'm actually having to resort down to spending $5.00 to use a computer-that bites..

I will be back here tomorrow in full force. :D :D :D

15. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Whaaaaaa ? Carl are you using your libraries computer today ?

I'll be in and out today. Just lost a brother-in-law to early onset Alzheimers two days ago, so we are adjusting schedules so my wife can go northward for the week.......too weird !

Erich

16. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Dear Erich: Sorry for the loss. I recently lost two--my uncle, and one of my comrades from U 181 Franz-Josef Hawran.

Also (WHEW) internet cafes can get expensive. Yep the library was closed both sunday and monday. I barely managed one full day w/o access to a computer. By 4 pm yesterday, I was ready to rip out my hair and then I saw the magic words: "Internet Cafe" then I went in to a smoke-filled rooms made so by all the lit cancer sticks. I barely survived 1 hour there before getting sick of the smoke and had to exit.

Anyway-my best regards fo out to you on your loss--take care--your friend-Carl.