Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

"Reddick" etched blades

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by ibrahim ahmad, Jul 18, 2007.

1. ibrahim ahmad

ibrahim ahmad Member

Hi everyone,

Ive been reading several militaria forums and the word "Reddick" etched blades comes out occasionally.

1) Am i right to say that "Reddick" here means the person, Rex Reddick who reproduced the Eickhorn Catalogs?

2) By mentioning a "Reddick" etched blade, its a reproduction right?

3) Is this his current site? Third Reich & U.S. Military Decorations, Medals, Badges, Ribbons, Books & more

4) If he indeed created reproduction etched blades, when did it all started and is he still in business? ( I checked the website but seems like there arent any etched blades )

5) Could some of you guys post pictures of these "Reddick" etched blades so that us, beginner guys know what to look out for ?

Really appreciate for any help given & Thank You.

Cheers,
    Ibrahim,
    Singapore.

2. ibrahim ahmad

ibrahim ahmad Member

Well,

Here are the answers that i got from other forums. If any of you guys have something to add, please do ok! Thank You.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    4. Yes
    5. Yes

These are quotes from Wayne H. Techet author of German Etched Dress Bayonets 1933 - 1945.

""Yes, Rex Reddick does import reproduction etched blades in German etched dress bayonets and I believe other German Third Reich daggers as well. I use many of his reproductions in my book: German Etched Dress Bayonets 1933 - 1945.
    It is IMPORTANT for any collector to understand that (as far as I know) Rex Reddick sells his reproductions AS reproductions and DOES NOT misrepresent the etched weapons to be PRE-45.
    You see, its the guys that bought from him who sometimes misrepresent the etched weapons as pre-45 to increase the value and thus pocket the profits without regard to a collectors status in the "hobby". As far as Etched Dress Bayonets are concerned, I've tried to stop the
    sale of reproductions as original with what I believe is a good chapter on Red Flags and Reproductions in my book. Trust me guys, I've have been "taken to task" a few time by collectors who continue to believe that Reddick examples are original because some well known dealer sold them "the goods" many years ago as original and "hell, my dealer couldn't be wrong". Some well known etched dress bayonet collections STILL hold to reproductions among the good pieces cuz the collector can't stand to possibly be wrong. Rex Reddick helped me a gread deal in my book and I will always appreciate his generous attitude and willingness to advance his knowledge on to collectors."

3. ibrahim ahmad

ibrahim ahmad Member

BTW:- Rex Reddick has also contributed to the collector community. Hes reprint of the Eickhorn Catalogs, Heinrich Doehle'Orden und Ehrenzeichen im Dritten Reich, etc... allows non german speaking guys like myself to learn more about Third Reich militaria. Thanks Rex!

4. ibrahim ahmad

ibrahim ahmad Member

Example of a "Reddick" etched SS Dagger blade courtesy of Dave B.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Peppy

Peppy Idi Admin

Welcome to the Forums Ibrahim! :S!

I've moved this into the Militaria Forum, seems more accurate than Weapons in WWII. It might also be easier for you to collect all this info in one post rather than four, it will save you a lot of clicking. ;)

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Allegedly Reddick bought the original machinery that these blades were produced on--supposedly bought that machinery many years ago. Supposedly bought all left-over parts as well. Now produces quality repos--and is gracious enough to mark them as such.