Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Reginald John Ellery - R.A.S.C / Parachute Regiment

Discussion in 'What Granddad did in the War' started by MezC, Jun 1, 2019.

1. MezC

MezC New Member

hello
    I realise ive posted in wrong section but I cant seem to change it

my first post here and id like to know if anyone can help me find out about my grandad he was called Reginald John Ellery known as John to most people.(passed away 13th October 2008)

he was born in Southampton later moved to Liss in Hampshire. he joined the army and went into the R.A.S.C where I think he went to sword beach on D-day he later went on to serve with the parachute regiment and was with 21st or 22nd independent where he served in Arnhem and the onto Palestine.

id like to like to know more about it all and if I have details correct, my son is very keen to find all this out aswell he wants to show his great grandads medals off at school.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  2. lwd

lwd Ace

When I want something moved I usually use the "report" option and ask the admins that way. One will probably find the post eventually but using the report option seems to work well and no one has complained to me about it yet.

You may also want to consider asking at our sister site wwII talk. Its got more of a British focus. PLS keep us informed on both what you learned and how. Good luck on your search. Sorry I couldn't help more.

3. lwd

lwd Ace

**** double post please delete ***