Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Reports of General MacArthur, Japanese Operations in the Southwest Pacific Area, Volume II-Part I ..

Discussion in 'Land Warfare in the Pacific' started by sniper1946, Oct 10, 2010.

1. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

Reports of General MacArthur, Japanese Operations in the Southwest Pacific Area, Volume II-Part I

This volume parallels the record of Allied operations in the SWPA from the Defense of Luzon, 8 December 1941, to the Surrender Negotiations in Manila, 15 August 1945. It is the Japanese official record, contained in operational monographs furnished by the Japanese Demobilization Bureaux, the successors to the former War and Navy Ministries, developed by Officers of the Japanese Imperial Headquarters, Tokyo, and on the Staffs of major Japanese Commanders in the field. Like Volume I, the material is thus presented by eye witnesses to events, and is supported by official documentary evidence.

I know adam posted similar thread, but many links are missing? error 404...

2. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Here is yet another great post of the Japanese perspective. I just stumbled onto it. Thanks sniper, hope you're still checking in!