Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Research on Lt Col Herbert E Welch in Luzon

Discussion in 'Land Warfare in the Pacific' started by Sil, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Sil

Sil Member

Hi,
    My first time on this forum so apologies in advance if I inadvertently break some forum rules ! I am tracing the miltary service of Lt Col Herbert E Welch (I am not related to him) during WWII, in particular his service throughout the Luzon battle period (9th January 1945 – 3rd September 1945). Welch was the commander of the 2nd Battalion, 103rd Infantry Regiment and he saw quite a bit of action in this capacity. I have a bit of information at the Regiment level but none specific to his role. I hope to be able to locate some Unit operations reports he may have produced, photos of him during this period, or information from people who may have served with him. Any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.
    Sil

2. MDJ696

MDJ696 Member

I have my dads picture annual issued by the army, Camp Shelby, Ms, 1942. It's at my other residence in Ga and I'll look and see if his picture in in there. I'm recovering from back surgery, may take awhile before I can get to other residence.

3. rhef

rhef recruit

Sil,
    Sorry that I don't have any of this information. I, too, am searching for information regarding similar time period. My father, tsgt. Herbert Hefter, was in the 161st Cannon Co. --- took shrapnel to his head on 25 Jan, '45, yet still saved troops that day.

Hope you find some info, too.

---Rick

4. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

CurlySue likes this.